Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,675 times | Joined on Aug 2009
#11
..Warning.... the package contains bin/emacs and bin/emacs24 both big binary files of the same size. I suppose that one of them should be a link to other one...
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Nov 2012
#12
Originally Posted by xes View Post
..Warning.... the package contains bin/emacs and bin/emacs24 both big binary files of the same size. I suppose that one of them should be a link to other one...
They are hard-linked, as seen in this extract from dpkg-deb -c emacs24_24.2-1_armel.deb:

Code:
hrwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2012-11-16 02:38 ./opt/emacs24/bin/emacs link to ./opt/emacs24/bin/emacs-24.2
 

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtvoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,675 times | Joined on Aug 2009
#13
Originally Posted by mtvoid View Post
They are hard-linked, as seen in this extract from dpkg-deb -c emacs24_24.2-1_armel.deb:

Code:
hrwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2012-11-16 02:38 ./opt/emacs24/bin/emacs link to ./opt/emacs24/bin/emacs-24.2
thanks!... emacs uses too much space and i was trying to verify if there is something to delete..
 

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8
#14
hello and nice port mtvoid.

How did you create your .deb files in scratch box?

I always create my n900 port using "dh_make & dpkg-buildpackage" commands and
editing "debian/control debian/rules /debian/dirs".

Its tired to do so on each compiles,I want to put symlinks like you did.

could you give me any advice?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to syake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Nov 2012
#15
Originally Posted by syake View Post
hello and nice port mtvoid.

How did you create your .deb files in scratch box?

I always create my n900 port using "dh_make & dpkg-buildpackage" commands and
editing "debian/control debian/rules /debian/dirs".

Its tired to do so on each compiles,I want to put symlinks like you did.

could you give me any advice?
Sure. I made it the same way you do, using "dh_make -a" to prepare the debian subdirectory, then creating and editing some files within that, and using dpkg-buildpackage to generate the binaries. In debian/rules, I configure emacs with --prefix=/opt/emacs24 to optify the installation path. Additional files of my own to be installed, like the emacs.desktop file, and local customizations, are listed in debian/emacs24.install, and symlinks to be generated are listed in debian/emacs24.links. You can download the source tar.gz from the package page, and look at the contents of the debian subdir to see how I did it.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtvoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2012 @ ja_JP.UTF-8
#16
Originally Posted by mtvoid View Post
Sure. I made it the same way you do, using "dh_make -a" to prepare the debian subdirectory, then creating and editing some files within that, and using dpkg-buildpackage to generate the binaries. In debian/rules, I configure emacs with --prefix=/opt/emacs24 to optify the installation path. Additional files of my own to be installed, like the emacs.desktop file, and local customizations, are listed in debian/emacs24.install, and symlinks to be generated are listed in debian/emacs24.links. You can download the source tar.gz from the package page, and look at the contents of the debian subdir to see how I did it.
After dh_make on my directory,I couldn't have *.links and *.install in my subdirs.
but, i could find "debian/postinst"...smell of success

Thank you for your big help.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to syake For This Useful Post:
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 1,323 | Thanked: 1,776 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#17
I rebuilt it to n950 and it is working

May I suggest to repack it using debian orig tarball , are you using gitorious ? I can push my fixes ?

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/emacs# #EmacS 24 ported to #MeeGo #HarmattanDev for !n950Club , works in #terminal ( --no-w) but #GtK #Ui is crashing
__________________
Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd


Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://hubic.com/home/new/#NWEDND#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

Upcoming contest:

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Store
 

The Following User Says Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Apr 2012
#18
rzr, recently I'd seen Emacs pop up in MeeCatalog, but didn't confirm it was from the community repo. Was it? Why is it gone now? It was there for, like, a day or less.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to evujumenuk For This Useful Post:
www.rzr.online.fr's Avatar
Posts: 1,323 | Thanked: 1,776 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
#19
I guess this was mine, I did that last week but did not announce it ..

pick my changes :

https://gitorious.org/downstream/emacs/graph/harmattan


Regards
__________________
Please help to list all maemo existing apps :

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd


Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://hubic.com/home/new/#NWEDND#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

Upcoming contest:

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Store
 

The Following User Says Thank You to www.rzr.online.fr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Aug 2013
#20
Originally Posted by mtvoid View Post
[LIST]
If you are using the default hardware keyboard layout, then it is highly recommended that you remap the keys to allow you to use Emacs effectively (you'll need to add the Esc key to the layout at least, which can then be used as the Meta modifier). Guide to remapping keyboard
I have a problem with assigning the esc. button as meta key. Can someone who already managed to do that share the method?
Tried remapping the keys but the ESC key doesn't seem to respond. here

This adjustment in rx-51 file doesn't seem to work.

key <RTRN> { [ KP_Enter, KP_Enter, Escape, Menu ] };

I hope there is someone in this community capable and willing to share the knowledge.

Last edited by t-b; 2013-08-30 at 19:12.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
emacs, fremantle

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35.