Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
klinglerware: most of us probably didn't notice the haptic feedback problem because we turned that annoying "feature" off shortly after getting the phone

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
The only minor annoyance for me is the haptic feedback when sketching. If that could be turned-off within the application, that would be great. If not, I certainly can live with it, so no big deal.
Don't know if I can turn it off per-application, but you (as you probably already know) can turn it off in the settings dialog.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Also, I hope that the application will support bluetooth keyboard input (if the bluetooth keyboard pairing issue is ever sorted out, that is!).
Supporting Bluetooth keyboards should not need any changes to the application itself, so as soon as your N900 has support for Bluetooth keyboards, MęPad should be able to deal with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by qole View Post
klinglerware: most of us probably didn't notice the haptic feedback problem because we turned that annoying "feature" off shortly after getting the phone
Of course, that's the ultimate solution. On the other hand, haptic feedback does serve it's purpose for me as a way to distract me from the sound of my creaky touchscreen

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I've been playing with MaePad for a few days now, in parallel with Quicknote and Conboy. It seems superior to Quicknote in every way except one: the text wrapping option. I added my supporting vote to that feature request in garage. Ironically, Quicknote takes much longer to start up than MaePad.

The comparison with conboy is more complex. I find myself wondering which would be better for my needs, and also whether they really do have different use cases, or are "competitors". The wiki style linking is nice, but the checklist and sketch features of MaePad, and somewhat more concrete structure, are also nice. Is anyone else using both these apps and, for you, what are their respective uses?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Word wrapping is now implemented in the development version.

Trying to get that sharing dialog integrated now...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Ok, at least sharing to Flickr (only for Sketch memos) seems to work now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63684846@N00/4353445857/

(This means that sharing via Bluetooth + E-Mail also works...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
[QUOTE=anidel;516393 so I was thinking about showing a Textarea dialog where you can insert you text and it'll be added as an object.

Anyway, Xournal was never intended to be a text editor.[/QUOTE]

I like the way it works now on the N810, better than I think I'd like the dialog approach. It let me shift between text and sketches.

The physical size of the N900 screen *might* tip me to your new idea.The biggest problem is how to know when the page is getting full, and you need to create a new pages

The Following User Says Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
You know what I would like from MaePad? The possibility to extend the canvas towards each of its four sides, like in the default sketch application of Maemo 5.
Great if you need more space for your art flow

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
The possibility to extend the canvas towards each of its four sides, like in the default sketch application of Maemo 5.
Please add this to the feature requests list on the MaePad bug tracker.

The Git repository of MęPad is finally online:

http://repo.or.cz/w/maepad.git

Patches and pull requests gladly accepted.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: