Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
It's 100% now, yay!

Just checked, Saturn store seems to have another Moto Z color version for 249, if I understood right.
Yes, nice find, i already forgot about it.
They do not ship anywhere but striktly offer pick up in few selected stores.
I reserved one and will try to collect it from Cologne Hansaring store on tuesday.

Edit, wow, price is back to 549€ again 10hours later. (same link)
I hope they do not simply try to lure me to the store.
Attached Images

Last edited by mosen; 2017-05-01 at 10:35. Reason: added pick up info

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 307 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Argentina
Contrats!
You reached your goal on indiegogo !

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maegon9y00 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Here is some pictures of early prototype that I will show to Moto and Lenovo:

This is not the final version yet. But enough to show as a pre-production engineering prototype. (The final version will have a much better finish.)
Couple of questions mate

1: Will the keyboard be able to force android to a landscape rotation regardless of the settings (would be good not to always have the rotation set to auto rotate when Im not using the keboard)

2: Is the moto mod functionality built into android. Just thnking ahead if we ever manage to port another os ie sailfish (never used it but assuming its the closest we get to maemo these days) would it be possible to use easily on another platform....or is it defunct without android

Already looking forward to getting the device...but just thinking out loud.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cferrism For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post

2: Is the moto mod functionality built into android. Just thnking ahead if we ever manage to port another os ie sailfish (never used it but assuming its the closest we get to maemo these days) would it be possible to use easily on another platform....or is it defunct without android
my understanding is that the motomod interface is greybus, mainline linux has support for this. the keyboard uses the hid interface. so it should be "easy" to get working if you can get a kernel new enough to have greybus support to boot

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chainsawbike For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chainsawbike View Post
my understanding is that the motomod interface is greybus, mainline linux has support for this. the keyboard uses the hid interface. so it should be "easy" to get working if you can get a kernel new enough to have greybus support to boot
In case of SailfishOS, Android kernel is used anyway, so it should work as is if HID is implemented in kernel for Moto Mods and don't strictly depend on Android components written in Java to enable it.

Last edited by TheKit; 2017-05-06 at 06:47.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by cferrism View Post

1: Will the keyboard be able to force android to a landscape rotation regardless of the settings (would be good not to always have the rotation set to auto rotate when Im not using the keboard)
This can be implemented by software. But even though most of the apps won't have a nice landscape UI or not support landscape at all...

Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
In case of SailfishOS, Android kernel is used anyway, so it should work as is if HID is implemented in kernel for Moto Mods and don't strictly depend on Android components written in Java to enable it.
Thanks will look into that together later. BTW Moto Z play was officially supported by Lineage OS or whatever CM is called nowadays. So if they can make the Moto Mods working on that, I don't see why it can't be ported to SFOS in the future (with a lot work, still...)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
So happy for this, was close to buying an Xperia X because of SFOS, but as soon as I saw this ordered the scandic version. Sony money has been put away for buying a moto z as soon as keyboard ships. Good luck with production and thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
By the way, I am promoting the Keyboard Mod for Moto Z among my friends.

But I don't see any work on Sailfish OS for Moto Z. Hope this changes.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
But I don't see any work on Sailfish OS for Moto Z. Hope this changes.
You have to be very patient because of missing Libhybris support for Cm14/Lineage14.

I searched a little after explit mentioned there is no cm13 port available for any moto z / play / force and he is right only Lineage 14 is working nicely on Moto z as i could test last weekend.

Two options that involve much work before starting a port:
- Help bring libhybris support for lineage 14 (Is someone working on it, who to support? stskeeps alone?) .
- Develop cm13 for z series (Not much futureproof, sfos unrelated) and start porting with current libhybris version.

I have already coped with the thought that i will use android for some time on moto z as second phone just for the kbd.
On Sunday i started with moving all android stuff from my main jp1 to newly acquired moto z and deleted alien dalvik for good.

cons,
- carrying two devices, two sims, usecases overlap.
pros,
- 2k screen for browsing, nice camera, pure sailfish = fast jp1, fast android.

Not ideal but i gained some features. Let's see how Jollas sony adventures play into my phone charade

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
- Help bring libhybris support for lineage 14 (Is someone working on it, who to support? stskeeps alone?)
mal had some success with Lineage 14-based tree on #sailfishos-porters. It's not very different from cm13 from libhybris point of view.

I plan to sell mine OnePlus 2 and try to order Moto Z (Play) somewhere for cheap (maybe 2.taobao.com?), so I can start with SFOS port.

Last edited by TheKit; 2017-05-08 at 10:30.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love