Active Topics

Originally Posted by rfa View Post
1000 sales @ €50 = €50 000, this is enough for two people's wages for a year...
So €50k funding is enough to pay for 2 people wages for a whole year?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Remember €50 is with VAT.

Pity, that there's no double-tap-to-wake support. Hopefully somebody will implement it and it will be faster than Jolla C's.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pagis View Post
So €50k funding is enough to pay for 2 people wages for a whole year?
Actually, I think its more like one.

Plus, I doubt Jolla will sell 1000 subscriptions without a fully working Experience.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-08-29 at 09:32.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by herdem09 View Post
For other regions he does not make any comments (So we can assume they will not be supported ever)..
He actually did, not directly talking about one country but it's at least something:

Our target is to make t available to as many countries as possible. Please stay tuned until we get back at you with updated information regarding that.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Linköping, Sweden
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
The "dual SIM" use case is somewhat rare:
- people willing to have both personal and work phone numbers in a single device
- people willing to use two different carriers (example: one for voice and the other for data)

It would have to deal with a number of extra issues:
- temporarily disabling one SIM (probably you don't want "work" calls/texts outside work hours)
- selecting SIM to use to send next SMS
- allowing/disallowing data traffic from the other carrier when the selected one is unavailable
- maybe also managing Contacts to avoid mixing work and family ones...
I use two SIM in my Jolla C and it works great, so most of these issues are already solved in the application layer. It "just" need a hardware adaption for the F5122.

Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
The only other reason to choose the F5122 over the F5121 is the internal memory (64 Gb vs 32 Gb). But if you use a cheap 64 Gb microSD to store all of your "large" (i.e. multimedia) data, you'll probably won't consider an issue having only 32Gb (Jolla1 was 16) inside...
The secondary SIM slot is shared with the SD-card holder, so you can only have either SIM or SD-card, not both.

I'd really like to have dual SIM support. Perhaps I should buy F5122, as reports show that at least the Android image for F5121 is compatible, and look at it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mohjive For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mohjive View Post
I'd really like to have dual SIM support. Perhaps I should buy F5122, as reports show that at least the Android image for F5121 is compatible, and look at it.
I do agree, the JollaC in that respect is perfect 2 sim cards plus SD. The F5122 is a bit restrictive as you can use the extra slot for a sim OR sd card but not both.

I have some serious doubts if Jolla is going to release an image for F5122, for sure they are not going to focus on F5122 as the porting of F5121 still needs more attention. So unless porting on F5122 is very simple it might not happen.

Bear in mind there is a race against time as both F5121 and F5122 are getting obsolete and their availability will be scarce.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Actually, I think its more like one.
Or rather just a halftime dev since it would in best case mean € 28000 in wages.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
OK, decided to went for it today and ordered mine....
https://www.verkkokauppa.com/
Sony Xperia X -Android-puhelin, musta
15954 1 × 299,90 € / kpl 299,90 €

Wave BookCase -suojakotelo, Sony Xperia X
20500 1 × 19,90 € / kpl 19,90 €

Now it's getting the phone by end of week and then waiting for September 27th to get the image released by Jolla...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jpel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
20% Discount for community device program members, email list to follow updates about Sailfish X :
Sailfish X - special offer for our community program members
http://mailchi.mp/jolla/sailfish-x-s...s?e=62b34d2a36
For all of you former Community Device Program members we offer a 20% discount,i.e. the price for you is 39.90€ (including VAT). We’ll let you know how you can claim this discount closer to the sales start.
Please sign up to our Sailfish X email and we’ll keep you updated about everything. Closer to the sales start we’ll inform you about more details, as well provide some instructional material for the software installation process.

We also have a Together.Jolla.com thread for Sailfish X, and would love to see lively discussion there.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What about tablet community backers? 70% off atleast...

Scamed again

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-08-29 at 10:40.

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x