Oh the micro-to-mini SD adapter is a Kingston one, but that can't be an issue since it's just a wire pass-through.

Card adapters have plenty of contact issues - about half of mine are entirely dead or work only with some cards and/or devices.

I don't even get an error on the N810, but dmesg(1) is full of suggestions similar to the one posted earlier in this thread. Heh.

I've reformatted in an N95, a BlackBerry, computers, to no effect.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
A bug has now been opened for this issue - I've linked to this thread but suggest you post details and/or vote in order to get more attention. Or avoid SanDisk adapters and/or MicroSD cards, whichever is easiest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
I would like to state that I have a N810 and a SanDisk 6GB microSDHC card in a SanDisk MicroSD(HC) to MiniSD(HC) adapter and it works perfectly, and displays, out of the box, under 'file manager' 5.69GB of space available.

I haven't tried the card in any other device, as I said, it's out of the box, let me know if you want any other details, but I think it's all said.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ London, England
Originally Posted by jibanes View Post
I would like to state that I have a N810 and a SanDisk 6GB microSDHC card in a SanDisk MicroSD(HC) to MiniSD(HC) adapter and it works perfectly, and displays, out of the box, under 'file manager' 5.69GB of space available.

I haven't tried the card in any other device, as I said, it's out of the box, let me know if you want any other details, but I think it's all said.
Ditto, but with a Sandisk 4gb micro

I got my sandisk 8gb micro sdhc with sandisk minisd adapter
it doesn't work, even my card reader on pc doesn't read it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with 8gb micro sdhc.
I think the adapter is screwed up...

I don't know what to do...
is there a different adapter for SDHC
or just mini adapters should work fine?

One other big issue how do you guys take the card out
once inserted?

I've decided to use the 6GB card in my phone. If nothing else I can no record like 2 hours of 640x480 30fps mpeg4 and store a ton of music.

I need to do some homework and find a 6GB or 8GB card for the tablet that works. I can't find a Kingston that big though.

Ok. I have been reading comments on this forum for the last few days and would now like to share my experience.
Call me a lucky swine if you will but my wife bought me an N810 for Christmas. Having got over the initial surprise I decided to go on line and buy the biggest external memory card I could find which of course turned out to be the Sandisk 8GB Micro SD card with a Mini SD adapter. The card duly arrived and was inserted into the N810 with great excitement. It didn’t work!!!!
I then googled around and discovered this forum and soon discovered I wasn’t the only person with the problem. Having read the post from Milhouse in which he advised the fact that he had raised a bug report I then went and voted for the fix.
In the meantime I went and purchased a 2GB micro SD and using the same Mini SD adaptor previously used with the 8GB card inserted it in to the N810 and found that it worked. A couple of days ago I received an automated mail from a maemo support person suggesting that it was the adaptor at fault and that he used a certain adapter from :-http://www.nextdaymemory.co.uk/device/microsd_to_minisd_adapter-157076.html With some scepticism I decided to order one and it arrived in the post today. I inserted the 8GB Micro SD into the new Mini SD adapter and half heartedly inserted it into the N810. IT WORKED!!!
I can now see 7.59 GB of external memory!!
It would appear then that the less than 4 GB cards work ok on most adapters but above this it is a little more picky.
Hope this helps others
Sard

The Following User Says Thank You to Sard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sandisk 1GB microSD (not SDHC) in adapter working fine for me on N810.

EDIT: I think Sard hit the nail on the head. Knowing Sandisk's history of excellent performance and usability (compared to some other brands), I would suspect the adapter first.

Disclaimer: I own Sandisk stock.

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-01-04 at 20:45.