Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by santivdk View Post
Thanks, this is absolutely great explanation. My eyes aren't what they used to be either, so I can see again. One question though. When increasing the font size I run out of room in some of the menus (see attached screen shot). I am sure this can be adapted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Santi
Yeah, lower the font sizes pixel per pixel until text will fit into buttons.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Thanks, that does indeed work to a certain extent, but I keep running out of space. I will keep looking for a way to increase the buttons themselves.
Regards,
Santi

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by santivdk View Post
Thanks, that does indeed work to a certain extent, but I keep running out of space. I will keep looking for a way to increase the buttons themselves.
Regards,
Santi
Changing button sizes would require not just creating bigger images for buttons, but also deep hacking to hildon / gtk itself. I have no idea where to point you though Maybe start a topic to developement or design -section?

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
I was enjoying this modification and my eyes were happy to be able to see whats on the screen with enlarged fonts, but after PR1.3 I guess file structures have chaged. I can't apply the changes described here.

@d-iivil

Yes, I know your Theme Customizer and I installed it. Unfortunately 2 drawbacks: one - maximum level you provide is +5, which is not enough for me. two - you apply same + or - value to ALL fonts, whereas I need different values applied.
As you give us the possiblity of changing colors of each font seperately, can you also add an option to change size of each font also independently?

hi, i was follow the instruction given by bongC36 to increase the fonts size but i did't make it. The fonts come to smalles then before and hard to read pls help. tq

Last edited by raublai; 2012-06-07 at 13:30.

Thank you - now in 2016 December.
More than 4 years has gone since the last comment on this topic before mine.
I am still using N900 - since 2010 January. The time has come to me as well to set bigger fonts ... The N900 I use since 2010 January is still fantastic.
A very big thank you Bong for these instructions.

The Following User Says Thank You to OldTimer192 For This Useful Post: