Active Topics

hi guys on a lovely day a week ago , my phone fell down nth big , yet it was working fine ,then i shut it down ,

later when it tried to turn it back on , i got the nokia White screen , then it crashes and Auto restart , then today i was apply to Flash it ,

then when i plugged it in the Yellow led got stuck , then after like a min it blink ,yellow , then Nokia screen shows up ,then the Balls , then it crasha gain then Blinking Yellow , then Stuck on yellow again

Dont think that reflashing is the solution now , yet i hope your help

Really guys , can you imagine a week with no Phone , Music , FB , Twitter on the go , and Peope calling and smsing from all over the place.

so please help me

ah By the way it keep repeating this in a weird way :

restarting Automatically , just close on the Balls

have you tried taking the battery out and then trying again after it has had a few seconds to shutdown completely?

yeah this listed above is the outcome of that

OR

Just stuck on yellow

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hmmm. I honestly think something might be royally screwed up. When you run "killall bme" - as done to do that hot-swap-battery hack - the LED goes constant yellow until you restart it.

This to me indicates that it's likely yellow LED is a default set by Nokia for battery-related fail. You did hold the U key while plugging it in to flash? Anything happen on the computer end? Did it try to install a driver?

I suspect something may have broken at the hardware level - perhaps a chip or some bus that is needed for BME to properly communicate with the battery.

You MAY be able to use the flasher to put your N900 into R&D mode, and kill the watchdogs. That way you may be able to boot it, and see if you can at the very least test if BME and other lower level stuff is loading/communicating correctly.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Hmmm. I honestly think something might be royally screwed up. When you run "killall bme" - as done to do that hot-swap-battery hack - the LED goes constant yellow until you restart it.

This to me indicates that it's likely yellow LED is a default set by Nokia for battery-related fail. You did hold the U key while plugging it in to flash? Anything happen on the computer end? Did it try to install a driver?

I suspect something may have broken at the hardware level - perhaps a chip or some bus that is needed for BME to properly communicate with the battery.

You MAY be able to use the flasher to put your N900 into R&D mode, and kill the watchdogs. That way you may be able to boot it, and see if you can at the very least test if BME and other lower level stuff is loading/communicating correctly.

How Can do all what you said ??

Steady yellow light is produced by the hardware charger chip operating autonomously. This usually happens when the battery is too low to boot the system. When the cpu starts and loads the bootloader, it puts the charger under software control, at which point the led becomes flashing yellow.

If software doesn't give the charger any commands for 32s, the charger hw resets and goes back to autonomous mode with steady bright yellow led.

That it goes back to steady yellow suggests something hangs pretty badly during boot, and that the device has sustained serious damage from the drop.

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Steady yellow light is produced by the hardware charger chip operating autonomously. This usually happens when the battery is too low to boot the system. When the cpu starts and loads the bootloader, it puts the charger under software control, at which point the led becomes flashing yellow.

If software doesn't give the charger any commands for 32s, the charger hw resets and goes back to autonomous mode with steady bright yellow led.

That it goes back to steady yellow suggests something hangs pretty badly during boot, and that the device has sustained serious damage from the drop.

So what you suggesting ?

and also it work after the drop fine till i shut it down , and the music in the Mp3 player was still on , yet when i wanted to try it again the problem happened again ,

also do you think there's hope like i would take it to nokia dealer or something ?

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
symptoms mean the phone can't charge battery or charger circuit can't read, reach batery voltage ( don't rise )

1 try another battery
2 check phone battery contacts for physical integrity and strong attachment ( any small movement is fault indicator ) on printed circuit board. when phone fall battery might to push contacts and broke solder points
3 check bat voltage for real value with a multimeter. it must be above 3.6 and below 4.2 V

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-11-07 at 21:11.

Maybe try a new battery. If your n900 is older than one year it most probably is the battery if you are a heavy user.

The Following User Says Thank You to ehab For This Useful Post: