Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
instead of putting him on your ignore list
On the contrary, as Council I feel it's my duty to listen to the community, even those that I disagree with or that personally attack me. IMHO, no Council-person should have anyone on their ignore list. Being true to my own beliefs, I removed the one ignore I had when I announced my candidacy.

And I do have something to prove: That I'm doing what the community has entrusted me to do by voting me into Council in the first place. It's the least I can do, given that I was elected to serve.

As for comments about "solidarity" in Council, or how much we've gotten done: I can tell you that right now there is quite a bit of activity in Council, and the feeling there is harmonious. As for comments about "campaigning", I've not yet decided if I will even seek a position in Council next cycle. For others to think otherwise is... presumptive, to say the least.

All I ask is that before anyone judges, or conclude that Council is nothing but drama, is that you look at Council's current and past activities. The first few months of this Council cycle were not typical. Much time was wasted by a continued focus on trivial items and drama, which I will be the first to admit I was engaged in, even if defensively so.

With the proper caliber of participants, Council is a great experience and can be a productive and effective body. Don't let this cycles early "issues" dissuade you from participating in the process, be that as a voter, a community member, or a potential candidate.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
You mean "we have written bylaws and other than this, achieved nothing" post by woody, written in 325234214234325345435 lines, as he use to do, everytime, when asked "troublesome question"?
And if you think so, what would you say for that you was Council for a long time as well. =)

Offtopic:
Can you remove that you are council in signature and vhost on freenode.

To All: Who has problems and want to see how and what council does, i think they'll welcome you to council meting on freenode every Friday.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
To All: Who has problems and want to see how and what council does, i think they'll welcome you to council meting on freenode every Friday.
Also, please note that this weeks meeting will again be directly after the 15:00 UTC meeting with Nemein, instead of the normal time of 18:00 UTC. The early part of the meeting will be with our current technical contact at Nemein (and long time community member). The more typical open Council session will begin once that meeting has wrapped up, probably around 15:30 or so. All are welcomed to attend.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So when's the next election?
Sorry for the late reply.

Information about the next election is here.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone
I have a question to ask to council memebers
As I thought this thread is appropriate to ask . But if not point me to the suitable thread .
I want to ask why estel has been banned ?
On my mind, he was the most active user in talk.maemo.org(just my personal thinking)
Just wanted to know what he has done ?

Edit/ will miss you estel,
I didn't had any idea while commenting but a question to moderators
banning a person for lifetime is not a good idea , ban for 15 days or 1 month till he realize his mistake
On estel case, I will say it CAN BE due to peer pressure or sometype else.
BUT WHATEVER HAD HAPPENED TO COMMUNITY, ITS VERY SAD

Last edited by Sourav.dubey; 2012-11-12 at 07:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
Hello everyone
I have a question to ask to council memebers
As I thought this thread is appropriate to ask . But if not point me to the suitable thread .
On my mind, he was the most active user in talk.maemo.org(just my personal thinking)
Just wanted to know what he has done ?
Look through the By-Laws and Election threads to see his posts...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
As noted, a simple lookup and viewing of his latest posts (easy to do from his profile page) will answer that question. Also, take a look at posts from the profile Letsee (Estel backward).

banning a person for lifetime is not a good idea , ban for 15 days or 1 month till he realize his mistake
His original ban was only for a couple of days, based on infraction points assigned by moderators. By creating a second account, he triggered an expansion of that ban to one month.

To my knowledge, he has not been banned permanently. He may be saying that he is, as he tends to blow things out of proportion. But by now, one should be used to him saying just about anything, be it based in reality or not, in order to "justify" his own actions.

Note to new Council: Once you form and setup a chairman, etc, you probably also want to create a new "Ask the Council" thread for your own. This one will be archived with the rest by moderators when you do.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
His original ban was only for a couple of days, based on infraction points assigned by moderators. By creating a second account, he triggered an expansion of that ban to one month.

To my knowledge, he has not been banned permanently.
This is correct. Estel's ban is temporary, and as of this writing, will be lifted automatically in a little under 23 days. It is unlikely the duration of Estel's ban will be extended as it is difficult for an individual to incur additional infraction points while banned. However, creating additional accounts in an attempt to avoid the ban would be one way to accomplish that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Any chance of getting rid of the Sept 2012 Council election banner on TMO?
Not really needed any more.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Texas
Are there any future plans for the N900? What will the next CSSU update include for the N900? Thats what I would like to know. Thanks

Tags
ask council, ask the council, community, councilors, questions