Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I remember back in the day, when the N810 had first come out, and I was trying to describe what I thought it should have been...

and today I was looking at a review of the Sidekick 4g on Engadget, and was struck by a distinct sense of dejavu. Whether it's the 5 row keyboard (with dedicated number row), or the hinge design, or the "shoulders" to either side of the screen... that's almost exactly what I was describing (though, I don't know if it has the 4" screen I wanted).

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I remember back in the day, when the N810 had first come out, and I was trying to describe what I thought it should have been...

and today I was looking at a review of the Sidekick 4g on Engadget, and was struck by a distinct sense of dejavu. Whether it's the 5 row keyboard (with dedicated number row), or the hinge design, or the "shoulders" to either side of the screen... that's almost exactly what I was describing (though, I don't know if it has the 4" screen I wanted).
Where the hell have you been?! Good to hear from you, mate!

Oh, and yes, you are correct, there's definitely a similarity. I remember this design.

I wrote a good-bye message about a year ago.

I no longer work for a university. I work at a company that makes devices in this space (competing with Nokia), and is a target of rumors and such... so they discourage participation. Even though this site itself isn't a target of concern, I'm being careful not to continue my past association with any place where I might accidentally post, or reply to (confirm or refute) rumors related to the company.

(and, yes, I'm being intentionally vague)

Plus, I'm not really in the Maemo/Meego, nor Android, markets anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA

I no longer work for a university. I work at a company that makes devices in this space (competing with Nokia), and is a target of rumors and such... so they discourage participation. Even though this site itself isn't a target of concern, I'm being careful not to continue my past association with any place where I might accidentally post, or reply to (confirm or refute) rumors related to the company.

so working for company in cuppertino.. good for you...

Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
so working for company in cuppertino.. good for you...
So, living life without manners. Good for you, too.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant

I recall that letter.

Still, it's good to hear from you again.