Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Feature for the future : Play HTML 5 videos ?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india

this kinda sidebar to switch windows/tabs or most used options can make sence in landscape phone as well as it can enable fullscreen browsing all time without any need of invoking top and bottom bar a thin loading bar at the bottom when fullscreen may be useful it could be invoked via swipe from the right lowercorner button etc as the current option is useful as well

Last edited by nokiabot; 2014-08-01 at 13:40.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by slider5 View Post
Feature for the future : Play HTML 5 videos ?
This cannot be implemented in QML Browser. It would need an update to QtWebKit on Maemo5.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
this kinda sidebar to switch windows/tabs or most used options can make sence in landscape phone as well as it can enable fullscreen browsing all time without any need of invoking top and bottom bar a thin loading bar at the bottom when fullscreen may be useful it could be invoked via swipe from the right lowercorner button etc as the current option is useful as well
I prefer to stick to Hildon UI standards. In version 0.5.0, I have added an option in the settings to hide the toolbar when loading a page.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2014-08-02 at 01:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Update.

qml-browser (0.5.0)

* Browsing history is now persistant, and can be cleared in the settings.
* Added download manager.
* Added 'View source' option.
* Added 'Open file' option.
* Added 'Save link as' option.
* Added use of custom URL handlers via the context menu.
* Added some further settings in the settings dialog.
* Fixed permissions error in postinst script.

Some screenshots:

My website

GitHub

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Really impressive.
Is there any possibility to use it with browser switchboard, i.e. does it interpret command line arguments?

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frafI View Post
Really impressive.
Is there any possibility to use it with browser switchboard, i.e. does it interpret command line arguments?
Not yet, but I'm planning to add command line interpretation and a DBus service, probably in the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I prefer to stick to Hildon UI standards. In version 0.5.0, I have added an option in the settings to hide the toolbar when loading a page.
I agree on same ui standards but wont it be better to avoid implementing microb ui 'mistakes' into qml browser? Like having add bookmark icon on toolbar is pointless since its already on context menu (and its better there) so a forward page (which is wierdly enough not even present in microb) will be of more use there, also bookmarks can be on menu and reload page can take its place. The enter address field's area (and its arrow area) and toolbar are taking some unneccessary space imho like microb (see attached image), enter address field should be like its on opera mini (on the slim terms i mean) the down arrow icon can be a bit smaller too (like the reload icon on opera mini perhaps?), itll help slimming down toolbar (would be great if it could be almost as slimmer as opera mini's bottom bar) which will look better and maybe even create some space for webpages and maybe even for a extra icon (which can be menu?). On starting the browser, instead of opening a seprate bookmark type window (which it currently opens, and i can see no sense in that) it could open only a "about:blank" in a normal browser window (would be much better). Also history can be on menu instead of right swipe, left swipe to bring mousemode for copy text on page makes more sense in context menu as "Select text" or something. These are my suggestions, what my point is instead of a 100% clone of microb, qml browser can be a improved microb.

Not yet, but I'm planning to add command line interpretation and a DBus service, probably in the next update.
Im so looking forward to this, thanks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-08-02 at 20:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Update.

qml-browser (0.5.0)

* Browsing history is now persistant, and can be cleared in the settings.
* Added download manager.
* Added 'View source' option.
* Added 'Open file' option.
* Added 'Save link as' option.
* Added use of custom URL handlers via the context menu.
* Added some further settings in the settings dialog.
* Fixed permissions error in postinst script.

Some screenshots:

http://s13.postimg.org/vk69qqy9f/qml_browser_9.png http://s13.postimg.org/uvxf7szjn/qml_browser_10.png http://s13.postimg.org/5r6eue037/qml_browser_11.png
Nice update. But im unable to download anything with it, it always stuck on 0, also for some reason it adds the location (foldername) you choose for download to the filename as a prefix. Also vkbs enter key problem (bug?) is still present.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2014-08-02 at 20:38.

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 2,053 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
This cannot be implemented in QML Browser. It would need an update to QtWebKit on Maemo5.
Interesting - the short WebM clip on http://neo900.org/news/neo900-progress-update-march works in QML Browser on my device.

Is it some part of JavaScript API that's not supported by this version of QtWebKit?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dos1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Interesting - the short WebM clip on http://neo900.org/news/neo900-progress-update-march works in QML Browser on my device.

Is it some part of JavaScript API that's not supported by this version of QtWebKit?
I am actually not aware of what HTML5 features are supported in QtWebKit. I was saying only that any features not currently supported cannot be added in the application code, but would need to be added in QtWebKit.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, components, hildon, maemo 5, web browser