Since our company moved from Exchange 2013 to Outlook 365 my N9 is behaving very unreliable in fetching emails (email app keeps spinning constantly), calendar (not fetching any calendar events at all) and contacts (no contacts neither).

The connection is working with the new credentials as it fetches email but it looks like the MfE implementation on the N9 cannot cope with the new Outlook 365 server configuration.

Are there fixes for this, or alternatives?

Thanks
Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
I'm using outlook365 without any real problems on my N9 - syncing emails of the past week and all calendar events. I had to cancel the sync inside the email once, but that was about it.
Are you using outlook.office365.com as the server address?

The Following User Says Thank You to N9uwu For This Useful Post:
Yes. That is the server address. It must be related to our company's implementation maybe. Are you specifying domain as part of the config on your N9?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Austria
nope - empty domain here.

Have you tried syncing manually inside the mfe-account settings? What does the log say?

EDIT: Another thing to have a look at: login via the outlook web app and check the device/phone details.

Last edited by N9uwu; 2014-04-13 at 10:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9uwu For This Useful Post:
I want to come back on this and seek out for more help. I still cannot make this work reliably. I flashed my device a couple of times and MfE easily picks up mail but no calendar whatsoever. I think it might be due to an entry the N9 cannot cope with but I need some help to debug this.

I debugged it from the Outlook 365 end but the log file returned to me did not reveal anything suspicious.

How can I debug this from my N9. I guess I need to set up developer mode and then enable remote access. I can figure that out, done that before. But where do I find any logfile regarding the Outlook 365 calendar syncs.

Thanks
Rob

Anyone...

Thanks,
Rob

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
No problems with pulling e-mail or calendar entries from corporate office 365 server, here.

Domain for me is the company domain name used for e-mail. For example if your email address ends in "winner.com", then the domain for your office365 mfe account should be "winner". YMMV, though. Probably best to check with your IT support contact.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
I had a very similar problem with Exchange 2013. If you install memailsettings and force activesync protocol version to 2.5 your calendar might start to work. This worked for me after a week of trying everything else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bp0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bp0 View Post
I had a very similar problem with Exchange 2013. If you install memailsettings and force activesync protocol version to 2.5 your calendar might start to work. This worked for me after a week of trying everything else.
Thank you so much. That did the trick!!!

Tags
activesync, harmattan