Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
@AB3S:

Are you sure there's no sound? Listen carefully, put you ear directly to te phone and listen. It's not very loud sound though.

I have the same thing with the LED turning off (less than half second), but i think it's supposed to do so, when longpressing button. Delay time is for activating led without long press I think?

Edit: wolke was quicker...

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
any update regarding to "HtheB style volume button"?
im still trying to figure out how to get mafw initialized; there are no opensource programs that do it, so im trying, rather unsuccessfully, to reverse engineer how qmafw-gui does it. {after mafw is initialized, like when mediaplayer is open, theres a dbus interface that works perfectly}.

as for the other half of the project, that too hit an annoying wall.
there are no python bindings for libresourceqt. my current idea is to make a separate, standalone c++ application that does nothing but disable normal volume button actions.

so, current status:
if i put them in now, youd have to have qmafw-gui open in the backgroun {or media player}, and the profile would still change.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
@AB3S:
Delay time is for activating led without long press I think?
the slowness of the LED to turn on has three components:
1) longPressDelay: make sure that youre not trying to do a single-press {this is set to 400ms}
2) check the conditions to find the correct action {this can take like 500ms, but i with the current setup its much less}
3) initialize the camera {camera app wouldnt work if i kept the camera loaded up all the time} {this takes maybe 1000ms}

for me, the LED turns on in ~2s. you can make it faster by removing the condition for all longPressActions {this would make it work even when the phone isnt locked, tho}, and decreasing the longPressDelay{this would make it hard to do single click actions}. its never going to be less than a full second though

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
im still trying to figure out how to get mafw initialized; there are no opensource programs that do it, so im trying, rather unsuccessfully, to reverse engineer how qmafw-gui does it. {after mafw is initialized, like when mediaplayer is open, theres a dbus interface that works perfectly}.

as for the other half of the project, that too hit an annoying wall.
there are no python bindings for libresourceqt. my current idea is to make a separate, standalone c++ application that does nothing but disable normal volume button actions.

so, current status:
if i put them in now, youd have to have qmafw-gui open in the backgroun {or media player}, and the profile would still change.
Can you make some daemon that runs in the background that acts like its a mediaplayer?
This way, if you press the vol up or down, it just change the volume instead of the profile. This could be a very usefull workaround

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Milan, IT
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
yes, its by design. there are two actions responsible for it, longPressStart, and longPressStop.
Perfect! I didn't see the second action, my fault

@AB3S:
Are you sure there's no sound? Listen carefully, put you ear directly to te phone and listen. It's not very loud sound though.
Ok I did as you said... and yes, now I can hear this sound, but only if I put my ear directly to the phone. It's a very very feeble sound.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can you make some daemon that runs in the background that acts like its a mediaplayer?
This way, if you press the vol up or down, it just change the volume instead of the profile. This could be a very usefull workaround
thats precisely what im trying to do. the 'acts like its a mediaplayer' thing is extremely difficult to figure out, because the mediaplayer and everything else that initializes mafw is closed source. {the thing that the mediaplayer does to make the volume work is to initialize mafw}.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
@wolke:

I have another problem with the app. I have playpause configured in vol- double click, and it works like it should, but it also decreases music volume one level every time I pause the music. Any ideas for this?

@wolke:

I have another problem with the app. I have playpause configured in vol- double click, and it works like it should, but it also decreases music volume one level every time I pause the music. Any ideas for this?
sorry, the default actions for buttons still happen, no matter where you do this.

adding an option to disable them is one of the three high priority features for a future release. {the other two are media volume control, and quick-snap pictures from lockscreen}. all three require figuring out some rough stuff, though.

on the regular lockscreen, volume keys change the volume when music player is running. when its not, they change the profile. on the lowpower lockscreen, they do nothing by default.

you might want to consider using the lp lockscreen as a workaround for this missing feature; there are no default actions there. i personally have the power button unlock both so that i never see the regular lockscreen. {i use lpsmagic to make the low power screen useful; it shows battery % and discharge rate, and my currently playing song}

You got it wrong. The volume decrease happens in LOWPOWER screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
you got it wrong. The volume decrease happens in lowpower screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9