Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jtmstr View Post
Oh and i don't expect Nokia to update my N900 to iphone.
That wouldn't be an update. It would be a downgrade.

Originally Posted by jtmstr View Post
I was hoping that some day Nokia could make that iKiller that they have promised for 4 years already.
If you want something from Nokia that does roughly what the iPhone does, get a cheap, old, used S60 from ebay.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
@benny: i really liked what you replied !! lol

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
isnt there somewhere a option to a program thagt hacks and converts some iphone apps to our n900?it would be nice.and what is with ngage?ive heard in another thread that there is a emulator for it??

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by RATBAG View Post
Well said mate.
My guess is, the majority of N900 owners that are complaining here should have purchased a device that has a system in place that allows them to update new games and apps from a large data base.

Surely you all new the Pros and Cons of this device before purchasing it?

When comparing a smart phone with another, Brand A will always have some features missing that Brand B has and vice versa.
In the end it's your choice what you purchase.

What device isn't outdated in 12 months?
The Maemo community has in place the potential to create apps/games to add longevity to this device, we should be supporting them.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Cheers, ratty
you two don't have a clue what this is about...i have no problem there are zero apps in ovi.. i have a problem nokia is constantly making dates and things up and never delivers what they promise.. its nokias attitude that is in question here, not the n900!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
you two don't have a clue what this is about...i have no problem there are zero apps in ovi.. i have a problem nokia is constantly making dates and things up and never delivers what they promise.. its nokias attitude that is in question here, not the n900!
Fully agree with you pal. Also, I believe the reason why so many people are complaining about lack of apps/updates is because they did not get in sufficient information about the phone before purchase. I knew it was a 4/5th of the way device, with limited options and a few bugs, but that didn't bother me because I was aware of it when I bought it, and up until this point my expectations have been surpassed.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
i don't care about the lack of apps or features. i do, however, care about the fact that a 550 euro device can't do push e-mail without nokia messaging which is a mess!

Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
Even Droid is getting an unofficial release of Froyo....and Nokia is still struggling with Ovi Store......no comment
This is completely unrelated. But speaking of that, the wifi on that version isn't working. And isnt the n900 getting an unofficial version of MeeGo?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
This is completely unrelated. But speaking of that, the wifi on that version isn't working. And isnt the n900 getting an unofficial version of MeeGo?
And an unofficial version of Eclair.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
hmmm...another day past, STILL nothing new in OVI-Store it is so UNBELIEVABLE...I'm just F*****g wondering how long will it take to put these
promised apps on ovi store...I mean it is so ridiculous, that NOKIA is not able to put a few apps and games on the store LOL!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
what day? lol its 8:15pm Sunday in Finland...now you are sounding even more ridiculous

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011