Features:
* Viewport can be dragged around without using scrollbars
* Touchpad-like mouse input: Tap the screen for a single
click, tap twice for a double click, single tap plus
dragging motion to drag objects on the remote desktop
* Fit remote desktop to screen
* Configurable zoom buttons
* Portrait mode support

Presence VNC 0.2 can be found in the extras-devel repository.

Once I figure out how to launch the virtual keyboard via Qt I'll include it (hints welcome )
Attached Images

The Following 101 Users Say Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
2disbetter, AgvirtheSilent, ahmadamaj, alienhead, AlMehdi, Andy1210, Aonsaithya, arifsaha, asidana, backstabber8, berlinermaxe, Bingley Joe, brad112358, bunanson, Bundyo, cddiede, chill, Chrome, clasificado, codeMonkey, colin.stephane, Crashdamage, CrckMc, Cue, DaSilva, edgar2, El Amir, elie-7, esiravegna, Estel, F2thaK, frals, FreeThinker, fwrnando, gazza_d, generationally, giannoug, Halftux, heiwid, Helmuth, ikirk, ioan, jaeezzy, jaimex2, jakiman, johnel, JonWW, Joseph9560, joshv06, kent_autistic, klinglerware, leetut, lexik, littleSev, Luke-Jr, MaDless, Maj3stic, martinlittle, mece, Mentalist Traceur, mornage, Mr.bot, mrsellout, Natan_xy, Netweaver, nicholes, oKtosiTe, Patola, PdxDoug, peteblack, phedders, PUNK, pyykkhe, Raimu, RAZOR, Rob1n, rotoflex, ryusilva, Silvarum, skalogre, sowwhatyoureap, steph, stryker9, te37v, TheBurek, thecubed, tho, tnhh, ToJa92, Tovalisa, Trestry, trompkins, uvatbc, vetsin, vkv.raju, xabaras, xuggs, Yann Benigot, yorkey, zod, zvogt
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Wow...looking really good so far! I do have one suggestion though: Could you make it so that I can use the Shift and Function keys without having to hold them down, so that I can just press the Shift/Fn key and then hit the key that I want, like most other Maemo apps?

Other than that small issue, this one is a vast improvement over the other Maemo VNC viewer.

Thanks a lot:!

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
This app isn't working for me. It prompts me for an ip then it just spins and spins and never connects. I also tried running from the command prompt to see if the terminal gave any useful output, unfortunately it didn't tell me much:

--------------------- trying init ---------------------
scaleResize(): 636 476
scaleResize(): 0 0

EDIT: Nevermind. I was being stupid. I was trying to connect to the ip address when I should've been connecting to ip:1
It's working for me now.

Last edited by zvogt; 2010-08-02 at 01:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to zvogt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Really cool! Will take it for a spin when i get home.

Right-Click supportet ?

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Excellent, as soon as my router arrives and I will test this on my LAN. The original VNC on N900 was good but hard to use due to it not liking touch screen, but this seems to be a vast improvement.

I agree with FreeThinker and eme, to be able to press shift/function once would be very handy. And some kind of right click support is needed (either long tap of screen or function and click)

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

According to the preferences in the app, the left zoom HW button is configured as left-click and the right HW zoom button is configured as right-click.

Haven't tried it in practice yet, though.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
right click is on the volume rocker
such an improvement on the other vnc app great work mate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dscobsct For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I do not know how good it is on 3g. But i rekkon that it would be nice to have an option for a heavy compression stream. Maybe something for later though.