Originally Posted by mece View Post
I have been thinking about the same thing. Flattr would be a pretty convenient way to make microdonations to developer, if it was somehow integrated with the site.
Originally Posted by trurl View Post
Same for me.

I think a flattr button for each app on maemo.org would be nice. At the moment i have no chance to make donations.
It'd be difficult to have a Flattr button on every app, because developers first need to sign up with Flattr so they know where to send the money... Once a dev is set up to receive donations via Flattr (or whatever other service), they can put the link in the Changes field for their products on http://maemo.org/downloads/ like I just did on the Okuda theme. (I tried adding to the Description field first, and found that it reverts back to the description from the package's control file after a little while. I moved the links into the Changes field and that seemed to work fine.)

Okuda theme (N900/Maemo 5) | Maemo 4 themes (N8x0)
If you like my work and want to support me, you can donate via Flattr or Paypal.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
@ian_ryge

we need to change the download section of course. your way is creative
But i would prefer to change the download section so each developer can add buttons from social micropayment sites because flattr is not the only one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trurl For This Useful Post: