Closed Thread
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
-Camera app that is able to take repeated shots with timer while the phone is otherwise idle (screen off), with predefined and automatic focus modes. Hopefullly also ability to shoot raw and as good exposure and aperture control as the HW permits. Useful for example in very long exposure night shots or framing the subject with narrow DOF.

-Button listener that makes it possible to use camera flash LED as flashlight when the phone is idle. (one of the most used features of my N9)

-Integral support of open IM protocols (XMPP voice and video call). Maybe I'm repeating what others say, but this is very important to me.

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-05-28 at 14:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
* Full support for Unicode 6x with complex rendering, required for South Asian languages. (like N9)
* Access to create custom keyboard layouts apps and allow to publish like N9.
* Include keyboard layouts available in MesInput.
* Custom dictionary support
* A good Navigation solution with voice with street names
* Better speaker(s), (preferably stereo facing to the front like HTC One)
* Better volume (than N9) for speaker phone, music, etc
* Swipe down to close app
* Compass App
* Speed Test/Speed meter
* A good stock market app
* Integrated Call Recorder. Have a button on the Call UI to start/stop recording.
* System wide Copy/Paste
* Stopwatch
* Good Calculator
* IP Radio
* Notes
* Tip calculator
* Bluetooth 4 support

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2013-05-28 at 15:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I don't want any app limited because somebody on this site doesn't use it. It didn't work for the N900, it didn't work for the N9. Limiting stuff because you don't use it, that's just you.

With that said, bring the stuff that people actually use and want to connect to easily - Google's stuff (Hangouts, Voice, Drive, Gmail), Microsoft's stuff (Outlook.com, Office 365, Skydrive), Dropbox, Box, BitTorrent Sync (personal cloud), offline Navigation, Skype, Evernote, Penultimate (sorry, but I like my handwriting note taking apps more than trying to type crap out), What'sApp/BBM/Line/Viber.

Personally I don't use nor care for Facebook or LinkedIn, but it lends credibility to the platform. So it'll need to be there in an integrated manner as would the aforesaid requests.

Esoteric requests like Adobe Ideas (or something with sketching + layers) rank high on my list as well.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
With that said, bring the stuff that people actually use and want to connect to easily - Google's stuff (Hangouts, Voice, Drive, Gmail), Microsoft's stuff (Outlook.com, Office 365, Skydrive), Dropbox, Box, BitTorrent Sync (personal cloud), offline Navigation, Skype, Evernote, Penultimate (sorry, but I like my handwriting note taking apps more than trying to type crap out), What'sApp/BBM/Line/Viber.

Agreed on all of this as priority.

And PLEASE make the music player have gapless playback by default.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Navigation buttons in default keyboard(very important) . Copy and paste everywhere(not that important but would be nice)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
who has confirmed to port their N9 or N900 apps to Sailfish?

realistically. the standard stuff lol the rest I could always nab off android. What I miss the most is real time multitasking. I'd be fussed about stuff like decent battery life etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
All N900 features + FM transmitter is must.

- native music player needs to support flac files
- bittorrent client like transmission remote for n9
- dlna client/server
- bt needs to support aptx

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
And PLEASE make the music player have gapless playback by default.
I expect the music player will use gstreamer, so you're probably SOL on that one.

My website

GitHub

Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish