Notices

Originally Posted by mmlado View Post
Thank you.
In my defence, that should be brown.
If you look into the source (no need to understand): http://projects.developer.nokia.com/...core/Field.qml in lines 62 and 81 it writes brown and green.
I'll try fixing the colors. It will be available in the source. Only don't know if this counts for a bug fix, so it can be uploaded, because of the competition.
Thanks for your efforts.

I guess that demonstrates my problem (I thought the brown was red). The flags are actually a little difficult to see too. Overall, I think if you could just use colors with more difference in brightness it would make the game a little more accesible for everyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
Don't know how to submit fixed package for the same version number.
Isn't that the whole point of version numbers? You change something and up the version number.

BTW 0.0.0 is also seems a bit silly, I'd call 0.0.0 a version where the source files are still empty.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Originally Posted by TMarki View Post
Isn't that the whole point of version numbers? You change something and up the version number.

BTW 0.0.0 is also seems a bit silly, I'd call 0.0.0 a version where the source files are still empty.
I don't want to increment the version number. It's still the same app. What I would like to do is... When some apps have -maemo-1, -maemo2, etc after the version number. Cant find where to set that. It can stay like this until next version. Bug fix url is missing from the package.

I'm counting version numbers for public releases. So when a new version is available for the public, the version number is incremented.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Serbia
I don't want to increment the version number. It's still the same app. What I would like to do is... When some apps have -maemo-1, -maemo2, etc after the version number. Cant find where to set that. It can stay like this until next version. Bug fix url is missing from the package.
Just append it to the version number in the debian/changelog file, like demine (0.0.0-maemo1).

I'm counting version numbers for public releases. So when a new version is available for the public, the version number is incremented.
Even then, now you have two public releases. One with the bug, one without. Why not increment the last number?

Do you think you'll need 3 numbers for public releases? How many releases are you planning?

Just being picky, good job though

The Following User Says Thank You to TMarki For This Useful Post:
Does it include the xyzzy cheat??

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/22...er---the-movie

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Just append it to the version number in the debian/changelog file, like demine (0.0.0-maemo1).
Thank you. Will change it as soon as I have little time... to change it and test the deb.

Even then, now you have two public releases. One with the bug, one without. Why not increment the last number?
The application is still the same, no need for incrementing. That's why I was looking for package version.

Do you think you'll need 3 numbers for public releases? How many releases are you planning?
The SDK is working with three numbers, major, minor and patch. I thought when I finish the game, it will have version 1.0.0, but now that Google and Mozilla... and even Linux have changed the game, I'm not sure any more.
Maybe I'll change it to two numbers for version.
What is the opinion of others on version numbers subject?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Does it include the xyzzy cheat??

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/22...er---the-movie
I'm not certain about that cheat. If you describe it I can implement it and add it to options.

Thank you for the video.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
The SDK is working with three numbers, major, minor and patch. I thought when I finish the game, it will have version 1.0.0, but now that Google and Mozilla... and even Linux have changed the game, I'm not sure any more.
Maybe I'll change it to two numbers for version.
What is the opinion of others on version numbers subject?
Major minor patch is well established and helps technically adept users clearly determining the version status ("freshness") and compatibility of a a package. How clear is "Chrome 247" and "Office Suite 2013" anyway? There seems quite some uproar about Mozilla's approach in copying Google over version numbering. For pure "users" (here: "user" as in "consumer"), version numbers don't matter.

Perhaps have a read for further confusion/ clarity.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Yeah tested the game. Nice work. You might want to make the game fullscreen. It should boost performance especially when player reveals many tiles. But then you should make custom window controls but it shouldn't be so hard.
Guitar Chords

The Following User Says Thank You to TomppaS For This Useful Post:
I'm not certain about that cheat. If you describe it I can implement it and add it to options.

Thank you for the video.
I guess you are not old school win3.1 winmine.exe player then!

Last edited by vi_; 2011-08-03 at 21:02.