I think those campaign-archive sites are usually used by people who don't want their own servers to suffer under the traffic of emails sent through mailing lists (well, the 'open this mail in your browser' part anyway). Nothing shady about them in general. I'm not subscribed to Turing's mailing list so I can't say for sure if they sent this, but I guess they actually did.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"Announcement from TRI"? Hardly. Who TF is this campaign-archive1.com? According to whois the domain is registered to "The Rocket Science Group". It looks like someone is taking a p!$$. Apparently the Cadenza did not make it obvious so they had to ramp it up a notch.
Either that or then TRI has gone totally bonkers.

ROFLMAO, can't breathe...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
The Rocket Science Group, LLC, doing business as MailChimp Company, provides email–marketing services. The company offers MailChimp, which allows subscribers to automate the email marketing process and test the workflow. It helps users to design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services they already use, and track their results. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MisterMaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
"Announcement from TRI"? Hardly. Who TF is this campaign-archive1.com? According to whois the domain is registered to "The Rocket Science Group". It looks like someone is taking a p!$$. Apparently the Cadenza did not make it obvious so they had to ramp it up a notch.
Thought of that too.
In that case, they have also hijacked/created a dummy twitter profile for TRI's CEO: https://twitter.com/sylchao who is sharing the news.

Also the website name is outside TRI's domain, but as is the mailing subscription website. On TRI's website if you follow "get update", then click subscribe without setting an email address you land there : https://turingri.us11.list-manage.com/subscribe/.......
Which as the same owner information : http://www.whois.com/whois/list-manage.com

So it may be legit... (a fake device, but coming from the "real" TRI)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Announcement from TRI
While clicking everywhere to search if the website was legit, I may have accidentally unsubscribed you from the mailing list, if the u=xxx in the url is your user id, and you did not only transfer this link from someone else...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
It looks like it's a mailing list management service that also runs MailChimp. Why they use such a generic-sounding URL -- instead of something more customized to the customer -- is beyond me. Maybe that costs extra. It does kind of distract from the message when you're wondering "who the hell is campaign-archive1," though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
It looks like it's a mailing list management service that also runs MailChimp. Why they use such a generic-sounding URL -- instead of something more customized to the customer -- is beyond me. Maybe that costs extra. It does kind of distract from the message when you're wondering "who the hell is campaign-archive1," though.
Normally you read an email in your client or webmail so that URL is barely clicked. Of course when sharing it publicly it becomes more of an issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whoever created this chart is brilliant. Impossible to read, impossible to understand. Impossible to implement.

Can't wait for A.L.A.N. The AI.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-09-06 at 20:04.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
It does seem like either the R&D dept is on something or they're just throwing out some insane ideas to see where peoples interest lies. It seems there is some more info on the Outer Blueprint program to come, so we will have to see what that is.

In some ways, as crazy as the recent ideas are, it is actually quite interesting to see. Firstly, from a design point of view, the 2 most recent announcement and the preview phones sent out all have quite different designs. A lot of the high spec, low price phones coming out of China seem to borrow heavily from Samsung and Apple. Secondly it does seems to offer some, albeit crazy, ideas none of the big name companies have yet to put out.

Do I think they will ever reach the market as stated? Not a chance, at the moment. When/If the final production version of the current device is released and promises are met, I'll reconsider it a possibility.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Exactly. They have yet to deliver the device that is/was actually doable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: