Active Topics

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Hi there all.

I bought two microSD cards with adapters of course to have some mooore GB on my n800. So, one of them (Those cards) is really, I mean REALLY fast, In my test up to 24mb/s of write with avg. 18,8, and almost 35mb/s of read with avg 31.

Card doesn't cause any problems. Now Im using only maemo 4 - Diablo booted from flash memory, so Im in need for swap, new fast card can deliver but Im tired of sending echo after I reboot the device.

Is there any way to set the swappiness value permanent? Like editing rcS file on n900?

You can add create a new file in /etc/init.d/, lets say you call it "foo". Run this command to add the file to runlevels 2, 3, 4 and 5. Any commands you put in the file will run everytime the system starts.

Code:
update-rc.d foo start 99 2 3 4 5 .

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Done that but doesn't work.

when I try to update again it's says that links to "foo" file exist already.

foo file containts alone and only

echo 75 > /proc/sys/vm/swappines

which works alone from console, but after reboot swappiness is still default, 1.

Sorry, forgot to mention you need to add #!/bin/sh on the first line of the file and set its permissions to 755.

foo contents:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

echo 75 > /proc/sys/vm/swappines
type on command line:
Code:
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/foo
You might also want to name it something like my-startup-commands instead of foo.

If you do, remove foo from runlevels with this command:
Code:
update-rc.d -f foo remove
And then run the other update command for new file name.

Edit:
Only run update once to install the script, you don't need to run it for any changes to the script.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post: