Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I decided not to get it. will wait for 4 months and see what happens to prices

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
iphone 4s 16 Gbs is going for $600.......may be a better value

Got my N9 16gb black,

For a long time i was using Android and iOS,and now im back with nokia.

im so impressed with the device,in terms of physical hardware its simple and beautiful just like apple products. The OS is best and simple to use,beautifully made. Impressive! Internal hardware are at level of those android phones of 2010 with 1ghz processor, but it works well with the meego OS, although there are some lags sometimes i think its natural with a phone unless you have a SGS2.
I was also impressed with the visibility of the display on sunlight its clear. I hope this OS will given a chance to grow, because as of now i think its better than android OS, and i hope more application will come for meego..

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to emorej For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You'd have to have bought a miniSD (770), then standard SD (N800, N810), then microSD (N900) to none (N9). That is not a smart hardware strategy no matter how you slice it.
Not to nit pick or anything like that but the 770 used an MMC card, not miniSD. I don't think microSD cards were readily available in larger (>1GB) capacities to the general public back then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I can't believe nokia. How can they kill such a nice OS!

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by NokiaN9KickYourAss View Post
I can't believe nokia. How can they kill such a nice OS!
It's bad isn't it?

It's definitely left your username up the creek without a paddle! lol

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
am I correct to think the nexus prime / ice cream sandwich has a multi tasking view? I see an icon on the quick launch bar which showed a grid view. If this is indeed true then it changed things for me. Quick/effective multitasking is my top requirement from a device.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
I'm with you. I have been actively following all the hype about the N9... too actively. And what now? We wound up with a pretty outdated hardware, unfinished software and a totally fuzzy distribution and support strategy. Swipe UI is a nice refreshment on the market, and the phone looks really nice and trendy... but that's about it.

What about all the N900 features that make it a dream phone for an average geek? Is there a keyboard? No. Is it at least as open as the N900? No. They even introduced this Aegis thingy to protect the users from themselves. And if the reason for this was to make the phone (and the OS) more appealing to the masses, why don't they at least sell it to the masses?

Then, when it comes to non-geek aspects, what is there besides the great design and Swipe? Can you make video calls? No! That becomes a pretty basic feature nowadays. Does the browser support Flash? No, it does not, although we do know it is there and it works. So it's a management decision. This list would be pretty long if I went on.

And the price? A total rip-off compared to what the competitors can offer.

I really am a geek and support GNU/Linux, FOSS etc. but hey, this is too much. There are too many ifs about this phone and I am not buying it unless a majority (if not all) of them are resolved in our favor. Until then, I prefer to stick to the N900 and/or buy a cheap Android with similar specs and much better support.

edit:
And yes, I forgot... If I ordered the N9 right away, with all the arguments given above, I wouldn't consider myself too different from an Apple fanboy that preorders his new iDevice without even knowing the specs. Actually this is what triggered the alarm in my head.
what the hell are you talking about? you actually dont have the device half of what yoo saying is FUD. The history continues people who actually dont have N900 spreading the rumors/FUD/dissinformation at TMO!

* dont compare maemo harmattan+Qt+swipeUI with shitty android crap OS. I know there is 95% android fanboys on this forum and personally I dont get why are you here!?!?!

* Second Nokia has said there will be a update end of october we dont know what this update brings!

* peregrine will bring video call support and we dont know yet if nokia also plan to bring it in some update

* I have heard atleast two person who has both SGS2 and N9 who actually says N9 runs smoother in case of UI than SGS2

* The price is lower than Iphone and around same as SGS2 in sweden and it will probadly go down in some months. this is always the same early adaptors pay higher prices same goes for every damn device released!

* and about flash many here first whine about "n9 is not open" and then in the second sentence want flash!? now how open is that peace of ****?!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The Mexican N9 was going to be delivered to me for under $600 USD for the 16gb version.

As far as the rest, and Atrix 2 means OMAP4. The Nokia N9 can't claim that.
and runs Android so offtopic already....

Stop complaining about the price.
If it is too expensive for you, just go away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vilva For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????