Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Canonical IIRC plans to have their own device(s), & then sw they license for partners devices (carriers etc), quite similar to Jolla.
There is some significant differences in their approaches, but I can't recall all the detail OTTOMH...

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Where is the Thank you! button, because I really need that for your post! Still Lumiaman, you are fighting alone, and you will be overwhelmed and hated bu those you just described, but it's a good thing you still keep on doing the right thing against them and try to wake them up.

This website is not endorsed by Jolla Ltd. or any other foundation or corporation. Maintained by couple of enthusiasts.

So the information posted here is not valid, as they wrote that article without a hands-on device. The article was written by pure fantasy and dreams!
ACK'd, +1 for both of you.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
For what it's worth, I hope all of them will be a success and in consequence continue with their work, we certainly need more options rather than fewer. Will developers have to maintain more versions of their software? Well, yes, so what? It's been like that for years... maybe it will get better with standards, but for now that's totally understandable.
I agree--the more the better. I'm also happy to see that Windows Phone isn't relevant. We don't need to re-live the heavy-handed, closed-source, insecure black-box, customer-hostile Microsoft 90's again. As I often will tell my employers, vendors and other people openly, 'Anything but Windows, please.'
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Now you have to fight apple instead. They are just as customer unfriendly as a Microsoft.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Ubuntu launched its campaign today.

jolla vs ubuntu.

preorder today and get it for $600.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge

RX-51's post (which seems to be a ongoing edit) & my response beat you to it, Dave
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...11#post1361011

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
RX-51's post (which seems to be a ongoing edit) & my response beat you to it, Dave
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...11#post1361011
Congrats, only because I was bizzy think if I should preorder or not. This dual boot thing makes me really hard.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Congrats, only because I was bizzy think if I should preorder or not. This dual boot thing makes me really hard.
Settle down... take a cold shower...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Twitter:

"Carsten Munk ‏@stskeeps 7m
We are the innovators. They are the imitators. Come on - hey, don't you know how we started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWtyJGq4vo"

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Twitter:

"Carsten Munk ‏@stskeeps 7m
We are the innovators. They are the imitators. Come on - hey, don't you know how we started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWtyJGq4vo"
Ok, so it needs some competition to wake up jolla. Maybe this will force them to reach out and start communicating with the endusers, US.

One could only hope.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-22 at 19:39.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla