Active Topics

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
and it feels like the operator takes decision on your behalf and ofcourse you got bitten by app frendzy and latest greatest temporarily shiny stuff. i bet you wont be satisfied to the least with the devices you mentioned or others suggesions. the culprit is in your damm mind man throw it out for good btw it seems you have already taken the decision so why whining here
What's this guy on about?? No one is whinning, I was simply seeking advice as most of us here use N9, so I was just curious as to what other guys upgraded to and why?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Hi there, I'm in Cape Town and was in the same position as you.
I have decided on the Lumia 720 purely for the large battery and Gorilla 2 glass. Also got a free wireless charging pad thrown in, the Iron Man bit, I'm sure you have seen the commercials.
I don't think I'm going to use it though as I am far to attached to my 2 N9's.
So it looks like I'm going to sell the Lumia and stick to my N9 for another 2 years.
Good luck mate!

The Following User Says Thank You to Loepoes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I have my eyes on the unreleased Sony Xperia Honami, the specs and design sound great, will see whether it lives up to the speculations.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Loepoes View Post
Hi there, I'm in Cape Town and was in the same position as you.
I have decided on the Lumia 720 purely for the large battery and Gorilla 2 glass. Also got a free wireless charging pad thrown in, the Iron Man bit, I'm sure you have seen the commercials.
I don't think I'm going to use it though as I am far to attached to my 2 N9's.
So it looks like I'm going to sell the Lumia and stick to my N9 for another 2 years.
Good luck mate!
Thanx, I think I'll stick to Nokia as a Brand, the Lumia 925 looks real cool..... Got my eye on it....

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the SGS4 yet. I'm in the market for a new phone myself, and I was a bit skeptical about what, on the surface of it, appears to be just another slab of plastic from Samsung.

But after playing around with it for a bit, and disregarding much of the bloatware and the lack of eye-catching design, I've got to say I'm growing more and more convinced that it's a pretty decent piece of work. A bit costly, but it ticks all the boxes of what I'm looking for in my next phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Suggestions :
- Jolla smartphone with Sailfish OS in 12/2013, it is more open than Nokia N9;
- Google (LG) Nexus 4 currently runs Ubuntu Touch v13.10 (experimental), with working phone calls, SMS, WiFi, camera, etc. And it is a full Ubuntu less X11.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Galaxy mega is the way to go. Go big or die trying!

Just tried it today and its awesome. plastic light, but awesome. The Size is EPIC. can't wait for note lll!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-12 at 14:48.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
For suggestion, If I was in your situation, I'd say go with any of the android device. I found following reasons.

1. They have unlimited ways of personalization. You can change themes, wallpapers, tones or the best even the launcher.

2. You get all the possible apps in the world. I have N9 now, though I am happy with it but seriously not happy with the app list. You dont get Viber, Tango, Line or any such app or for that matter many good apps or many good HD games.

3. Plus, you have a range of devices to chose from, be it the price wise, or brand wise, or specs wise.

4. If money is not a problem then better to chose from HTC One / SGS4 / Xperia Z / Xperia Z Ultra.

Windows phone have a lot of limitations. You cant even change wallpaper of your choice and also, the app list is mostly in beta stages.
Though I am a huge fan of Nokia but now for these reasons which i think are important I've planned to move to Android.
These days I am using Xperia X8 instead of N9 coz, the X8 is supporting more apps than N9.

This is just a suggestion. The choice is yours.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Any Droid where constantly updated MIUI ROM are provided for as; this is way more consistent & polished than CM for sure...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Well I'm going to go galaxy active.

waterproof + glove friendly = greatest biking accessory.

Couple with Bluetooth speakers in helmet and I'm set.

Also, went "backwards" to n900, it actually feels like an upgrade in many aspects.