Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by mauromartins View Post
Good to know. I lost mine, can you send it for me?

Thanks in advance!
Sure.

But first you need at least 10 posts here before you can send a private message.

You'll also need to promise not to marry again so this doesn't happen another time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
When I moved from my parents house, I lost a lot of things. Thankfully, I also found my lost USB OTG cable that was missing for the N800.

Its so funny that a device so old has so many funcionality and only for now the newer Android tablets are implementing these type of things.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauromartins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by mauromartins View Post
Its so funny that a device so old has so many funcionality and only for now the newer Android tablets are implementing these type of things.
Funny thing is that this device has more then 2x lower CPU, 8x less RAM, but is still can do many things which new devices can't.
I also have Palm T|X and Palm m505 and this devices are superfast with 33 MHz Motorola Dragonball VZ and 8 megs of memory... And possibility of a few days of active usage without recharge

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
I'm currently looking at something I've never tried before and I am getting fairly good results so far.

So I've been watching Hikaro no Go on YouTube (please don't judge me) and converting each video using that website I provided earlier in this thread.

Anyway, I really like this site for cartoons.

http://anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/hikaru-no-go

They tend to be in AVI format, 640x480 with a bit rate of over 1000.

A tad too much for our older tablets to handle.

Using the command line for mplayer though, right now I have something like this:

mplayer -cache 8192 -framedrop -x 480 -y 360 /path/to/file.avi

I'm going to test all possible combinations with screen resolutions, audio and frame rates and see what might be the best, overall solution.

By the way, are there any benefits in using the -vo, -ao, or -pp options?

I'm not following exactly what those can do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
For now, on that anime site, I'm a little partial to playing a downloaded video using this command.

mplayer -fps 22 /media/mmc1/video.avi

You get a 640X480 resolution and really, really good audio.

It does chunk up at times however, but for the most part, it looks and sounds great.

Setting the fps to 21 or lower and I can't seem to sync the audio anymore, no matter what I do.

I'm still looking for the best possible solution.

Any help or feedback would be nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Here in brazil, the most popular android phones are Galaxy Y and Galaxy Pocket, and people uploads a lot of files codded at 480x320.

And the N800 runs this files flawlessy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mauromartins For This Useful Post:
Could someone please explain why Mplayer can handle a 240P .flv YouTube video, but not have the correct codecs to play a 360P .flv one?

Is it possible to lower the audio bit rate on the fly by command line?

Some of the cartoons I'm trying to view have a rate of 192 kbps, which is too much, and I'd like to drop it down to 128 if this can be done.

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
I will just add this, this is not something to debate, but there is an app for windows called WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.

I use it frequently 'cause you can get to the point where file is small, qualitly nice and n800 can run it just like that (MPlayer is needed).

For those who using mplayer is a very good idea - I have my files converted to 768x432 with bitrate around 1000 and no change in audio (For most video files they are 128kbps, 44khz). This gave you a file weight around 300mb with very nice qualitly.

You can use it to convert your video for any of your devices.

This app works very nice emulated with Wine at least under Debian.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
So, I got curious about how much space I could save if I fed my DVD rips through an encoder more suited to the N810's capabilities.
I found this thread, downloaded the presets and got MediaCoder installed...however, using them as-is results in the image being squashed if I feed it a 16:9 AR movie. If I adjust that setting, will it completely ruin the file-size savings and defeat the point?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkwingDuck13 For This Useful Post:

Tags
encoding, nokia n8x0