Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Austria
Hello everyone. I have my n900 for about 2 months and since yet, I didnīt have any kind of problem.I thought is a very good phone,but it has a lot of problems(and what I like,is that most of them problems can be solved) .A week ago,I bought a new SIM card and everything was just fine.Iīve got free internet on my SIM, I chose this as my internet connection and I went to GOOGLE site.But after that, my SIM card wasnīt recognized anymore.And sometimes when i startup my phone it says: all telephony functions,including emergency calls are disabled. I read another forums and they are saying that Flashing my phone doesn`t help. When Iīm connected to internet through Wlan, SIM card works almost fine(excepting some times when it doesnīt recognize it) . But when Iīm connected to internet through my SIM, it always stop recognizing my SIM...any clue about this?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Finland
Welcome to the club. Same happened to me. After about 10 months of use suddenly the device stopped finding the sim card. Also no IMEI code was found. ( typing *#0000#). I sent the device to repair. Got back an E7. Nokia could not repair my N900.

So waiting my new N9 to arrive. Giving this E7 to my wife

thanks for replying...well,when I type *#0000# it appears what shouls appear...but for the IMEI code *#06# doesn't appear anything...I didn't know that this doesn't show my IMEI ...isn't there a way to solve this?

No promises, but are you undervolting, using the power kernel?

I had some SIM card drop outs a while back that would occur only when the battery was relatively low. Found they were much more common on the "starving" kernel than the "ideal" one, and more common on that than at stock voltages. Problem was exacerbated by heavy current drain, phone calls on 3G would kill it quite happily.

I can't prove that this is the problem in your case, but, the fact that it happens more when you're using 3G (current-hungry) suggests it could be a power / voltage problem. I moved back to "ideal" voltages and replaced the battery at about the same time, so not sure which of the two fixed it, but I haven't had any such problems in several months.

you might be wright...I have the last kernel power v49(I don't know too much about these) ...and before hapening this,my battery had some toubles...it said: charging,and after few seconds it sayd : not charging..after that things,my phone switched off and I couldn't switch on...I recharged my battery through 5230 and so I turned it on...and after that I had the problems with the SIM card....

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Look here, do you have the same problem?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CA, USA
Hi fineas,

I had the same problem a few months back. I tried flashing it but it never worked. It was a burnt reader in the device which I had to get it repaired through Nokia Repair. I hope your phone is still under warranty. Mine was and I got it repaired in a week time.

foreveryoung,I'm sorry but I don't have the same problem...anyway,congrats for that improvisation :d

unfortunately,I don't have warranty any more...And I thought I can solve this with another way...but...I don't know what to say...

Last edited by fineas; 2012-01-23 at 20:41.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
usually u have to try with another sim, your sin in another phone.
sometimes it is a sim problem.

so, be absolute sure it is not the sim.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
It could be a lot of things like an old simcard, but also some N900 are known to have a contact default with the sim holder. If you are concerned with this hw malfunction you could try putting a light piece of paper or tape between battery and sim holder.

Last edited by Hec; 2012-01-23 at 22:27.