Active Topics

For those who are interested in the daily ups and downs of the stock price, this is the thread.

The last thread was mistakenly closed because of background noise, so I no longer have anywhere to put the stock graphs I've been putting here at about lunch time (CET) every day. It's pretty much the only thread I'm still active here, so I want to keep the stock thread active a little bit more.

Other people have contributed with related news and rumours of Nokia. And finally we have two(=one) very noisy noise artists who've been messing the "THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY" tune as a background tune for the last year or so. For those who are here to talk about how fab the Lumia range is, well, it doesn't seem to have any relation to the stock prices at all so keep it elsewhere.

As usual, I'm linking to a temp-graph that usually lasts a few days before it's removed. I'm usually posting NOK1V quotes at lunch times, which can give tje new worlders some indication as to how NYSE:NOK will start a few hours later. I don't post anything valuable or smart, people can look this up elsewhere but then that'd be boring and lonesome.

I'm a bit early today, so there's less than two hours worth of data. The daily graph is pretty flat. The Qt sales hasn't made any impact yet, also it was expected. So today I'm linking the more dramatic 1 month graph. This graphs shows a pretty good month for Nokia, with what might just be a correction to a too low stock price compared to the massive holdings Nokia after all do have.

NOK1V - Helsinki - stock price in €.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
excellent, Nokia looking good. I'm finally back at the same prize as when I bought. Now, Buy more, Keep, or sale

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
why is the stock raise when nokia sell out everything?

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/0...okia-and-more/

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The investors like the fact they are shedding their Taleban phone inventory

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I say it has nothing to do with that, and instead:

1. no immediate need of money from shareholders. Cash flow is OK ATM.
2. Anticipation of the of the new windows 8 phones.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NOKIA will be $20 in 24 months. There is no way they are less valuable than RIM. WP8 may not please the crowd here, but it will please the 99% who want their phone to just work, without scripts, and suboptimal patches.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
NOKIA will be $20 in 24 months. There is no way they are less valuable than RIM. WP8 may not please the crowd here, but it will please the 99% who want their phone to just work, without scripts, and suboptimal patches.
ICS contains code that indicates multi-user functionality is coming, that suggests Android's coming to the desktop. Maybe the overwhelming majority that seem to have rejected the dull, blocky Metro UI on their smartphone wont want it on their desktop either.

It might not only be NOKIA's stock that comes under pressure. PC's are already in decline whilst smartphones and tablets are on the up.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
I fail to see why texrat believed the old thread needed to be closed.

I haven't seen the news today, but it looks like something happened to NYSE:NOK at the end of the day?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Nokia is overated atm. My guess is it will fall again i n september when announced. I hardly dont expect camera wp phone and then stok will drop again becUse its just a regular wp phone that some people will buy but definitivly not the masses as some naive fanboys may think! And selling 500 patents does not look good for a company..

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha