Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
We need a little help from every community, so I'm writing this here hoping for some help.

Here's the problem explained: Microsoft when launching the new Windows Phone (from 7th version until now) closed the internal storage so that no users can go deeper inside and mess around with it.

Okay, on WP7, 7.5 or 7.8 this was not an issue since the OS was more simple and not eating up that much space, but with the new Windows 8 things changed, this OS takes up lots and lots of memory and we just keep running out of it.

For example on my HTC I have only 4GB of memory, the OS eats up 2.22GB, basic apps take up to 300-400MB and the rest of the space is occupied by a Other category which means different caches form different apps. So right now I, and other 8s users have 100MB to ... 0bytes like myself.

Windows Phone 8 offers a great mobile experience, but this problem just makes you give up on this phone. Other users are experiencing the same problem but a little bit more slower since they maybe have 8, 16 or 32 gb...

Our main problem is that people don't care about this (because Windows users start to look just like Apple users, they are happy with what they've got, and they pray for the "holy" Steve Jobs) and we need all the help we can get with this petition.

Windows Mobile never had issues like this (which are very stupid, and because this stupidity we have to suffer) and we want to make Windows Phone to get back on that path.

Please Maemo community help us: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/fo...-storage-and-i

Also you can find more ideas that really needs some votes from you guys here: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/us...theodor-daniel

WE THANK YOU!
xoxo

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-07-18 at 04:36.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
10 chars.....
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If any other OS user had posted such a petition on a WP forum, he would have surely been banned for spamming... Hence first post reported for thread closure. It's bloody stupid to post this here in the first place just like it would be stupid for a Samsung user to post a petition here asking maemo community to help to get OS updates in a more timely manner. While this is the off-topic section in my opinion the thread is off-tangent even for this sub-forum.

Btw, your issue has some solutions like clearing temporary files etc...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I think his issue is that he's using the wrong OS

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
If any other OS user had posted such a petition on a WP forum, he would have surely been banned for spamming... Hence first post reported for thread closure. It's bloody stupid to post this here in the first place just like it would be stupid for a Samsung user to post a petition here asking maemo community to help to get OS updates in a more timely manner. While this is the off-topic section in my opinion the thread is off-tangent even for this sub-forum.

Why is is stupid to ask OTHER people to help you, I can't really see why? As long as we help each other in problems despite our "believes" we can all do well, but as long as we take our fan "believes" like a religion, meaning without using our brains and just follow blindly and stupidly there will always be hate between different device users.

Maybe yes, I see right now, maybe posting a question like this about maemo on a WP forum may get you banned because guess what, EVEN WP USERS MAY BE AS CLOSED MINDED AS MANY OF YOU HERE ARE.

Well I am going to reduce my requirements: Please, anyone STILL SANE, please help us in this problem!

Also @HtheB keep your "meme" picture replies to yourself or your 12 yearold'ish 9faggy site. Reported for offtopic.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
TheoX, in some way you are right. It is an off-topic forum and you can post whatever you want as long as it has nothing to do with politics or religion. Yet, it's maemo.org, I know we post about other OSs as well, but that's because they don't have their own forum. But in this case, there IS a WP forum, so please.. Stick to the rules. I'm very sorry...

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I know we post about other OSs as well, but that's because they don't have their own forum. But in this case, there IS a WP forum, so please.. Stick to the rules. I'm very sorry...
This must be a joke. WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW IT'S CALLED RELIGION, because as long as you talk and worship the Nxxx you are welcome here, as long as you talk about other devices or operating systems you start to become like Nazis, you are the linux master race and you must protect the purity of your race. You even have a forum called competitors where you add other phones just to "laugh" at them.

Damn it guys, you call this sanity? WAKE UP!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Dude, I never "WORSHIPED" my N9, or N900. I only worship God. No objects are to be worshiped in any religion. Or else we would be the ones insane.
But you can never ever deny that this forum is --->MAEMO<----
MeeGo is Maemo 6, so it belongs to it. Maemo 5 is Maemo so it belongs to it, Maemo 4 is Maemo is it belongs to it...etc.
Yet I don't understand why not make a forum for Jolla on its own as it has nothing to do with Maemo
Anyway, this forum adds some exceptions to several OSs due to their cases, but NEVER ever a closed source OS. Here, we have open source. Our discussions are open source. We do not welcome closed-source OSs because there is no one here to help you with what you need.
All of us are linux open source geeks and if you want to call us insane, please do.
But we work according to the rules given and we can not change them unless we are the moderators/admins.
Please respect the rules, thank you.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Not sure how I can help, but I always help when I can.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-07-18 at 10:58.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...besides me finding it funny to ask "our holiness" here for help regarding WP issues, Theo certainly has a point. Again, worship Maemo/Nemo/Linux/Jolla/$FOSS-wet-dream-of-the-month only, and you're welcome here. But dare to "practise polytheism" and preferring software/systems on a per-task/per-application approach; and you are called a) heretic and b) out. No i don't want to include WP in my devices or recommend it, but i won't be so stupid to disallow questions or threads here.

Wake the phuck up, guys; your narrow-minded blinders approach keeps increasing week for week. I imagine this place was really feeling "better" when its URL still read "internettablettalk" (if you insist on riding such nonsense paragraphs as "allowed context of talk is derived from domain name").

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-07-18 at 10:59.