Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Story started here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90857&page=2

Continued here.

Victims: bill_klpd, AMD

Duration: >12h

Full thread with 225 replies. Man this was gold!

Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
This app can make your n900's led being sound reactive
You can choose the colour of the notification led and which keyboard leds to blink like the sound! You can choose from 3 sources(Monitor/Bluetooth/Microphone)!

Here is a small video of it in action!

Credits goes to nicolai and you can find the program on extras-devel
(http://maemo.org/packages/view/ledpulse/)
You know what's ironic, that the movie was taken with a Windows Phone. Enough said.

If the leds are not controlled by a driver, and they are not at least acting like a VU, it's useless, they did this to the PSP years ago. Bling bling lights are so 00's.

P.S. Attached a sound reactive VU meter:

Last edited by TheoX; 2013-07-28 at 14:58. Reason: Because trolling

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
You know what's ironic, that the movie was taken with a Windows Phone. Enough said.
If I remember right I was with your side with the thread on off topic section... And I am sorry because I don't have a cam or another phone to take a video off my only phone. The video was capture with an HTC 8S, which is my brother's, and I don't really care if it was a Windows Phone, or Android or Symbian or anything else...

Now back to topic...

If the leds are not controlled by a driver, and they are not at least acting like a VU, it's useless, they did this to the PSP years ago. Bling bling lights are so 00's.
Well I used to have a psp 3000 (but I bricked it back when we had the chickhen if you know what I am saying), and then I found a 1000 in which I have done some leds mod on L,R...I remember that there were so many mods for psp (dual analogs etc.) and I have seen the vu meter mod as well, but I loved the simple sound reactive leds as much as the vu meter... Who knows maybe it's because I was just 4 years old on 2000

If I remember right I was with your side with the thread on off topic section... And I am sorry because I don't have a cam or another phone to take a video off my only phone. The video was capture with an HTC 8S, which is my brother's, and I don't really care if it was a Windows Phone, or Android or Symbian or anything else...

Now back to topic...

Well I used to have a psp 3000 (but I bricked it back when we had the chickhen if you know what I am saying), and then I found a 1000 in which I have done some leds mod on L,R...I remember that there were so many mods for psp (dual analogs etc.) and I have seen the vu meter mod as well, but I loved the simple sound reactive leds as much as the vu meter... Who knows maybe it's because I was just 4 years old on 2000
Chill dude, I was talking about Windows Phone just because nobody shouted yet that you are a heretic and left the religion of the "open-source god".

Back on topic. Sound reactive leds are just a pain, trust me, also they don't look quite nice. If somehow that scheme can be reduced to a minimum, you can fin a place and install it inside the N900 case, and get out at least 3 micro-leds, a green, a yellow and a red one.

The most you can do this is install the same microcontroller but on every key you shoud add a new led, a green for the 2 bottom lines, a yellow for the third and red for the 4th, then you will have a full spectrum analyzer with colors on the keyboard.

Now this could be awesome.

I am sorry if I talked a little bit angry... Well I do like the "open source god" as well, but there are some nice things with other os'es as well...

Well what you said about the mod on the keyboard is not really able to be done, because there isn't even a small space for so many leds on keyboard... I just changed the leds that were already there with some blue... Maybe we could make the 6 leds of the keyboard like a vu meter with a program, but doing a hard mod like this I think that it 'is not going to work...

It could be awesome if we could have a vu meter somewhere else instead of the keyboard(maybe down from the screen or somewhere else who knows...) The problem is the lack of space inside the phone and I don't really want to f*ck up one more device because of my "moddings"

It could be awesome if we could have a vu meter somewhere else instead of the keyboard(maybe down from the screen or somewhere else who knows...) The problem is the lack of space inside the phone and I don't really want to f*ck up one more device because of my "moddings"
You can try using an extended battery cover with a normal battery. It's easy to make the standard battey stay in place even with the extended cover, adds you more space to use.

I hope this hepls!

You can try using an extended battery cover with a normal battery. It's easy to make the standard battey stay in place even with the extended cover, adds you more space to use.

I hope this hepls!
Well I don't have right now an extended battery cover, so I wan't be able to do that... But I don't think I will do any led mod right now (I want to keep this phone for a while )

Haha well it's night here as well
Maybe, I will think of some mods on n900 (I always loved led mods ) and we will see

Haha well it's night here as well
Maybe, I will think of some mods on n900 (I always loved led mods ) and we will see
If you're not making your N900 a flying saucer all is in vain, hahahaha.

If you're not making your N900 a flying saucer all is in vain, hahahaha.
Hahaha yeah something like that