Active Topics

Dear Acting TMO System Administrator(s):

I love TMO and have been a member for years, but I have become aware that TMO needs to update the server plugin for the popular forum application Tapatalk. TMO used to be fully supported by Tapatalk, so I hope this update to restore service is something that can be a website maintenance priority or at least not ignored.

After contacting the devs at Tapatalk, they explained the issue me, proposed the update, and that suggested I contact you.

I attempted to send an earlier message on this issue via our message system, but received no reply and figure I probably sent it to the wrong place. I am having trouble finding the name or names of the acting system administrator(s) for TMO and the related email addresses.

Thanks in advance for your efforts in response to this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Those devices TMO concentrate on has no Tapatalk client, this is useful when there is a client available first. A better forum software would be needed though, the one with proper mobile style and notifications.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
chemist is TMO admin BTW.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_team#Talkmaster

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Those devices TMO concentrate on has no Tapatalk client, this is useful when there is a client available first. A better forum software would be needed though, the one with proper mobile style and notifications.
Best. Reasoning. Ever. Go TMO. Go for mindshare.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I will look into our options in the upcoming service maintenance.
[EDIT]sending this info via all channels available wont help it, if it is no big deal I will integrate it, for now use a forum style that is compatible with your mbrowser, please.

Last edited by chemist; 2013-07-30 at 08:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Best. Reasoning. Ever. Go TMO. Go for mindshare.
Having Tapatalk support added to forum isn't free if I remember correctly and while none of N900,N9,N950 users can take advance of this feature why bother featuring it ?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
maemo and harmattan users have the 'Maemo Talk' app already.
Works perfect!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88475

Last edited by HtheB; 2013-07-30 at 12:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I understand that there is currently no Tapatalk client, but after running a search on TMO, there has been interest expressed by developers and others in getting one here on multiple occasions! The last thing our community needs is isolation. . .

Updating the forum's compatibility would connect us to the same software that many other developers and mobile enthusiasts use. XDA, Crackberry, and several other sites all use the feature-packed, swipe driven, Tapatalk goodness in big numbers!

Other people are interested in what we talk about here: like QT development, open source, Jolla/Sailfish, Mer, the N9, the future of tech, etc. Plus, many of us have multiple phones, we're interested in following the latest news and would love to have more thread reading options.

If there's a money issue, that should be discussed, but if the upgrade is free or cheap, then why not?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
this should be done as we use diffrent devices and getting to check tmo on the then device would prove to be useful

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
upgraded... but I have no API key yet as it was registered before and I do not have the rights to maintain it yet

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: