Notices

Very good news.

Thank you, Figa!

Great progress. Let's wait for javispedro's help then. Good work!

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Thanks A lot! I would help if i could!!!

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Some news for you guys. SW scaler is done. I know it is unuseful for real playing, but for future devices It will be base. (On N900 12FPS Frameskip = 0, with frameskip 4 is playable all @ 850MHz) Sound is better, but no good. Can somebody compare sound from gpsp for psp or wiz against no$gba ? I havenīt devices for it. I am waiting for help from javispedro. I have problems with his great SDL_haa (I know problem is between keyboard and chair ) When haa scaler be done I will release it, probably without good sound in all games.
Except some hi-req games (Golden Sun, Yoshi's Story etc) all games i play in my GP2X works perfect at 266MHz with good sound (i play all games with frameskip 2, sure many games works fine without frameskip, but i set this value as standar gameplay only for not having to tweak it for every game). Tested with gpSP v0.91x2-u6 (last version)

Same or better for PSP, but it has different source (different improvements. patches, game fixes, speed hacks...) than official and Notaz GP2X/Wiz version (may be some MIPS specific assembler parts? dont know ), Also you should ask Notaz if he uses ARM940T (second GP2X CPU) for rendering the audio, like PicoDrive. May be because of this you have poor audio performance (or may be because of PulseAudio How are you rendering audio? Try SDL for everything). I recomend you ask javispedro or GP2X forums for assistence!
Good work! You can do it!

PD: Games tested, that i remember, are:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Sonic Advance 2
Wario Land 4

Last edited by Hariainm; 2010-09-14 at 23:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the good work, well done to all the person who contributed, its a good news for N900 community. long live open source

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
Hey Figa, any update on this emu? We don't want this slipping off the front page!

The Following User Says Thank You to devensega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Czech Republic
Donīt afraid we are working on scaler(with javispedro). I started think about gui and keyboard config. If you want video with sw scaler let me know.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Figa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
was just wondering if after your done perfecting this wonderfully antisipated emu and you get a little bored if you fancyed taking a quick look at getting eboots working on psx4m
ps love the minish cap keep up the great work your doing cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to stooobs For This Useful Post:
If we can't remap keys to our likings, could you also take the Game Gripper into consideration?

Originally Posted by Figa View Post
Donīt afraid we are working on scaler(with javispedro). I started think about gui and keyboard config. If you want video with sw scaler let me know.
Iīd like to see. =)