Transition from task menu to launcher looks:
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0xffffffff (task menu)
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0x0 (launcher)
but from task menu to home:
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0x0
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0x1c00005 (home)
It's irrelevant for common user but it confusing my application. Could someone fix this bug or it's intentional and 0x0 doesn't indicate launcher?
I changed
Code:
 else if (STATE_IS_TASK_NAV(oldstate ) && !STATE_IS_APP (state))
to
Code:
else if (STATE_IS_TASK_NAV(oldstate) && !STATE_IS_APP(state)  && state!=HDRM_STATE_HOME && state!=HDRM_STATE_HOME_PORTRAIT)
in hd-render-manager.c at 1802 line and now it looks good - task menu to home:

hildon-desktop_2.2.155-2+thumb0.tar.gz

Edit: update portrait support
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-desktop_2.2.155-2+thumb0_armel.deb (216.0 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by elros34; 2014-09-10 at 16:45.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
hello please i'm a dummy and instead of installing stable version of maemo update i installed Testing is there any way to migrate from testing to stable without having to flash my device?

The Following User Says Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by abdel_95 View Post
hello please i'm a dummy and instead of installing stable version of maemo update i installed Testing is there any way to migrate from testing to stable without having to flash my device?
In theory, yes. But it's definitely not for dummies. It might be easier just to reflash and start over.

Another option is to leave it as it is, only disable the Testing repository and enable Stable instead. That way you'll end up with what you have but will not get any more Testing updates, except when Stable catches up with them. I would recommend this option once you confirm that your phone works fine as it is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
yes it works fine but with some little problems that i cannot understand

The Following User Says Thank You to abdel_95 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Transition from task menu to launcher looks:
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0x0 (launcher)
but from task menu to home:
_MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW: window id # 0x0
It's irrelevant for common user but it confusing my application. Could someone fix this bug or it's intentional and 0x0 doesn't indicate launcher?
freemangordon arcean: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1681
any thoughts?
arcean freemangordon: IIRC hd_wm_current_app_is is used to check if an application is still in foreground, if it's visible and in managing windows' transitions
launcher has 0x0 as it's not a desktop nor tasknav 23,44,25
it's just a window on top of a desktop 23,44,38
so, everything has 0x0, except tasknav and desktop

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I understand that 0x0 is set to every normal window in background but what about root window. I guess _MB_CURRENT_APP_WINDOW is like _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW so this property should be updated to indicate current top most window. When tasknav is active then property is set to uncommon value -1 (0xffffffff) so I thought launcher is also indicated by uncommon value 0 but it seems there is no way to fast and correct detect launcher. Thanks anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Is it possible to use bq27x00 with the CSSU status-area-applet-battery? Is there anything giving more accurate results available? BME's been giving ultra-inaccurate results to me recently.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
In theory, BME Replacement + status-area-applet-battery from CSSU devel allows it.

In practice, there is a bug in status-area-applet-battery, that makes it use "design capacit" (aka the thing "reported" via exact value of ~100 kOhm resistor build-in between BMI pin and battery -) for calculating battery icon in status bar.

So, you get correct values in opened status menu (for example, it tells me, now: "2981/3115 mAh, 13 hours/7 days"), but the battery's graphic will be all wrong (for example, mine shows full kicon all the way down to 1200 mA, half on 600 mAh - which is, in reality, lesst than 20% - etc).

The bug is reported, acknowledged and confirmed few months ago, but Pali stated lately that real life prohibited him from working on it, and called for volounteers to fix this little bit in the code. No (able) one contributed. I tried for a while to fix it locally and failed miserably then returned to focusing on things that I actually have a clue about
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
In theory, BME Replacement + status-area-applet-battery from CSSU devel allows it.

In practice, there is a bug in status-area-applet-battery, that makes it use "design capacit" (aka the thing "reported" via exact value of ~100 kOhm resistor build-in between BMI pin and battery -) for calculating battery icon in status bar.

So, you get correct values in opened status menu (for example, it tells me, now: "2981/3115 mAh, 13 hours/7 days"), but the battery's graphic will be all wrong (for example, mine shows full kicon all the way down to 1200 mA, half on 600 mAh - which is, in reality, lesst than 20% - etc).

The bug is reported, acknowledged and confirmed few months ago, but Pali stated lately that real life prohibited him from working on it, and called for volounteers to fix this little bit in the code. No (able) one contributed. I tried for a while to fix it locally and failed miserably then returned to focusing on things that I actually have a clue about
Is the source code for the applet here?
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...plet-battery.c

Just going to read it. I do not have a local compile-system. Or a working N900 to test it on.

Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
So the bme replacement uses the kernel-power modules, doesn't it?
How stable is it?
Is the cssu-thumb battery applet sufficent? Why (not)?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing