Notices

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
hi aenbacka!

thanks for qspot, it's awesome! great to have a spotify client that still receives some love from it's developer.

i have a feature suggestion: would it be possible that qspot show the currently playing track on the standbyscreen via billboard, like the default music player? that is the only feature i'm missing.

thank you!

Last edited by dommau; 2012-10-22 at 19:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Hey aen, also reporting in to express my appreciation. QSpot is the only reliable Spotify app on the N9 that can download 320kbps, and that's a huge drawcard/differentiatior in my eyes. Additionally it has great list-scrolling responsiveness, so well done.

Something that bugs me from time-to-time however is the lack of in-playlist search. I get the feeling this may be a limitation of libspotify but I thought it'd be worth asking; having to scroll through a 1000+ track playlist to find one song isn't particularly pleasant! Another feature of extending the search functionality could be to surface on-device songs to the top of the relevant results pages.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Having the N900 spotify playlist empty / playlist 0 tracks problem.

Happens sporadically, I can't control it (i.e. make it happen).

Any advice?

Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
Having the N900 spotify playlist empty / playlist 0 tracks problem.

Happens sporadically, I can't control it (i.e. make it happen).

Any advice?
Hello,

Seems to be a problem with the library used; sometimes the notification events for playlists update are not received by QSpot, and therefore the lists are showed with zero tracks. A restart of QSpot helps in many cases.

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Any plans to implement a search function that works offline in your own playlists like MeeSpot has? It's the only feature that makes me use MeeSpot instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
Any plans to implement a search function that works offline in your own playlists like MeeSpot has? It's the only feature that makes me use MeeSpot instead.
Thanks for the feedback, this is a frequently requested feature, so it will be implemented in QSpot as well

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Hello!

Having already raved about the awesomeness of QSpot in previous posts, I'll go directly to the problem.

Except for the 0-track playlist problem (which for me happens approx. 95 % of the times I start QSpot, and doesn't go away after a restart) I have another, quite exciting problem.

When listening to an album (which I do almost exclusively, since I can't use my playlists), sometimes in the middle of a song, another song will start playing (or maybe it's the same song, I'm not sure). I don't mean it jumps to another song, but rather that it starts playing something else while still playing the previous song. It plays the songs simultaneously. Isn't that cool? Anyone else have that problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to bue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bue View Post
Hello!

Having already raved about the awesomeness of QSpot in previous posts, I'll go directly to the problem.

Except for the 0-track playlist problem (which for me happens approx. 95 % of the times I start QSpot, and doesn't go away after a restart) I have another, quite exciting problem.

When listening to an album (which I do almost exclusively, since I can't use my playlists), sometimes in the middle of a song, another song will start playing (or maybe it's the same song, I'm not sure). I don't mean it jumps to another song, but rather that it starts playing something else while still playing the previous song. It plays the songs simultaneously. Isn't that cool? Anyone else have that problem?
Thanks for the feedback, what you describe is indeed an interesting problem. I would need to see in case I could reproduce it. In what way do you start the album playback (via Play album or by browsing the album and then starting playback)?

Originally Posted by dommau View Post
hi aenbacka!

thanks for qspot, it's awesome! great to have a spotify client that still receives some love from it's developer.

i have a feature suggestion: would it be possible that qspot show the currently playing track on the standbyscreen via billboard, like the default music player? that is the only feature i'm missing.

thank you!
I need to see what can be done about the current song display, it depends in case the interface to Billboard is public. In that case, I think it could be added

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
hi,

I'm a Spotify user again after a long time. I'm poor at discovering new music and I hate a long list of play lists. I normally subscribe to somebody else's list.
What I'm missing compared to the desktop version is the What's new-part. Checking out if there is something I would like to start listening.
Any way, thank you for Qspot, at the moment the only reason to use my N900, listening to music at the office.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify