Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Wonder what the professional verdict is. Any photo savvy users chime in on these?
I know the reason the pixel produces great shots is a lot down to the image processing rather than the sensor. I'm expecting the Pro1 to deliver as good quality hopefully...
I think we will have to wait for the first phones to arrive and it may also receive improvements later... but for deeper conclusion, I would like to see more photos in more different environments - in a darker room for example.

One thing is the image processing and another one is the noise of the sensor itself which is not only depends on the sensor by its own but the internal electronics. For example a stable, appropriately filtered power supply is also a key value.

Maybe that is one of the reasons why there are many phones with the blur then sharpen it way of image post-processing.
In this relation, I think Pro1 may be among the higher image-quality phones.

So, these photos are not perfect, but I think what we can see is not bad at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGXcjOTXUAMWr7L.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGXcjxqWsAAY9rl.jpg:large
These should be the original pictures.
Twitter enforces a 5MB limit, so they might not be the originals.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Wonder what the professional verdict is. Any photo savvy users chime in on these?
I know the reason the pixel produces great shots is a lot down to the image processing rather than the sensor. I'm expecting the Pro1 to deliver as good quality hopefully...
Not great, not terrible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Personally I really like that picture of the dark window, no noise in the totally dark parts and still has plenty of detail wherever something is visible, I like it. The flower with the obviously fake bokeh... I dislike this type of effect, in any phone, but it's hip right now and implemented as good as any I've seen. The two cameras could help focus faster though which is cool, do not know if the software can do this.

The real question will be the whole experience that we can only see in real though I think: how fast does it focus, what's the shutter lag like, does it consistently focus correctly? Those things are more important than just image quality IMO, but the quality of the images is definitely good enough for me. And I really can't wait to have 2-stage button on a phone again, i find it makes any camera much more usable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I'm thinking of getting the Galaxy Watch, but should I wait until I have my Pro1?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
I have asked Chen to send me the original version of these photos and he allowed me to share them so I put them here.

Remember these are not official marketing images just some casual photos.

Anyway, I think they are much better than the version reduced by Twitter, at least I like them much more.
I have no use for the camera other than just souvenir photos, so the quality is plenty enough for me. But just out of curiosity, the sharpness of the roof tiles varies across the picture despite all tiles being roughly on the same plane, with those close to the dandelion seed being sharper. Is that an artifact of the dual-camera system failing to discriminate which plane they are on because of the seed translucency?*

* : [Edit] This would imply however that both cameras are used to take pictures with different focal points, as some niche cameras do, but I don't think this is what smartphone dual cameras are made for (is the second camera used just to ease focusing?). So I guess it is just the limits of the fake bokeh effect when the planes on the images are not easily discriminated.

Overall, I don't think the fake bokeh is realistic, and it tends to be uneven across the picture. I do not mind much anyway because this is not something I will use (won't use Android, and won't use the Pro1 to take "good" pictures), whereas it might be a good selling point for many users.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-10-10 at 08:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
I'm thinking of getting the Galaxy Watch, but should I wait until I have my Pro1?
That depends.
Do you use n9 as a primary device? If yes, then wait for the pro1.
Anyway, this is my (galaxy watch) setup wearing my chronograph's silver band and rigke stainless steel bezel ring!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited by nikos523; 2019-10-10 at 10:41.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
That depends.
Do you use n9 as a primary device? If yes, then wait for the pro1.
Anyway, this is my setup with my chronograph's silver band and rigke stainless steel bezel ring!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c5cb6a1017.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cff4666c91.jpg

Which model is this? Looks good. Like my watches silver and stainless steel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
Which model is this? Looks good. Like my watches silver and stainless steel
This is the galaxy watch 46mm. I updated my post to avoid confusion.
With a decent band and rotating bezel ring cover, it definitely looks like a decent watch!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
This is the galaxy watch 46mm. I updated my post to avoid confusion.
With a decent band and rotating bezel ring cover, it definitely looks like a decent watch!

Do you have a model number. Seems like i don't find it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Breeze5 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit