Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
For both the music section and video section?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I don't believe its possible with the media player.

Playlists are your only option for attempting to somehow order your songs, but that in it self is a bit clumsy.

Consider looking into other media players, such as MediaBox and see how you like them.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You might do it from X-Terminal or from Hildon File Manager

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Is there a way on media player when i click "songs" i can view them by date, so i can see the latest songs i put on. Cheers. Like what you do on your pc.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
I heard MediaBox is horrible.
I guess my only option is to scroll thru thousands of videos and or songs to get where i want to be.
That sucks.
Even in my PSP i can create folders in the video and music sections.

Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
I guess my only option is to scroll thru thousands of videos and or songs to get where i want to be.
That sucks.
I have to say that it really seems amazing that nokia did not provide this basic functionality and after over a year, obviously has no intention of "fixing" it.

Originally Posted by maniacattack View Post
That sucks.
Instead of scrolling use quick search..that means just type starting words of song you want to play and search feature will point to all the songs which are matching with whatever you have typed...

(@maniacattack I am sure you know this...but just informing to all others who do not know this.)

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Playlists are your only option for attempting to somehow order your songs, but that in it self is a bit clumsy.
What is so clumsy about making directories, putting audio files in them, Then in each directory:
Code:
ls *.ogg *.mp3 *.flac > dir_name.m3u

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
ls -1 *.ogg *.mp3 *.flac > dir_names.m3u would probably be more successful.

This would not put the tracks in proper order by album, unless you happened to be particularly lucky with filenames. Anyone know a set of command using media tagging that could look inside the files and use any metadata to get them in the right order?
http://www.eff.org.