Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Cebu Philippines, for now
Hi Estel
Actually, the white and green goes to J5301 and J5300, respectively
i just routed the wires that way so i wont have any clearance problems when ive got it buttoned up. and, no, i didnt solder one on to the battery terminals. as for the Black and Red wires, ive got them on the Fbus Gnd and +5V as per this thread, and somewhere else, i forgot. i usually look at and check from two different sources before i soldered. just in case, and, yes, im afraid that the charging chip has been fried. im using a charger that you clip the battery on to nowadays. oh, the usb port has not come loose, its just dead. wondering if an Fbus cable can flash our N900?

Sorry, indeed green cable is soldered to J5301, not to battery terminal - I wasn't able to distinguish it from green PCB, photo is a little too small for my taste

Hm, in such case, all wiring looks OK. Out of curiosity, could You check shadowjk's charge21.and bq27200.sh (or, instead of the latter, my package bnf, which does similar thing), to see, if i2c can access charging and battery gauge chips?

Both scripts are available here:
http://enivax.net/jk/n900/

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-08-24 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dvijetrecine View Post
just finished connecting pinouts with wires, and i must say it actually worked. my phone died a few days ago, and the usb port was broken so i didn't know what to do unless i bumped on this thread and tried it out. here's some pictures of work i do. ofcourse there is much more work to do: need to assemble phone, arrange wires to close phone completely and so on. i will also post pictures of further progress.

and yes, i have a question: what means when n900 boot up to nokia logo and white led is constantly on, and after about a half minute it turns completely off?
sorry for my English

my question is whether through this connection can be a hard reset.
and if I do something else apart from the other end connect usb

I appreciate your attention

If You mean reflashing, with testpads under battery, you're able to use USB just like "normal" way.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
When I'll have some spare time, I'll try that solution too.

I'm wondering if there is a way to plug the various cables (+5V, Data +, Data - ecc. ) from the testpads and other points directly to the pins of a new usb port. This could bring a "definetly USB port broken N900" back to normal day use.

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2012-09-05 at 07:11.

I've made a photoshop project of the usb port replacement basing of this thread, 3 little questions please:

1) Is that right this soldering project? Can it be an usb-port for daily use by reassembling gently the N900?

2) the SHIELD attachment of the usb port where should be soldered?

3) where should be soldered the second pin from the left?

EDIT: Can someone give me the link to a good soldering iron capable of doing this other solution:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=12
?
Attached Images

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2012-09-07 at 21:21.

Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post

1) Is that right this soldering project? Can it be an usb-port for daily use by reassembling gently the N900?
Yes.

2) the SHIELD attachment of the usb port where should be soldered?
To the ground, or nowhere - I prefer soldering it together with ground, as it's more proper and clean design, but it won't hurt, if You leave it unconnected at all.

3) where should be soldered the second pin from the left?
Nowhere, it's hostmode ID Pin, unused on N900, either by default, or by any USB hostmode project.[/QUOTE]
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Just another little question, before trying that solution I wants to check if my usb pads (the ones where the usb port put his pins) are effectively definetly broken..I have a tester with multiple voltages input but to be sure to not brake something I need to know which settings I have to use with this tester:

Thanks a lot for response
BlackJack4

Get the Ohm (resistance), at the lowest value (200). Put one probe (doesn't matter which one) at USB D+ of broken port pads, and another probe on testpad's USB D+, beneath battery. Ensure, that You have good contact (it may be hard with ultra-tiny pads of broken USB port). If You get readings indicating less than 2 Ohm, You're good to go.

Repeat this step for USB D-, +5V, and ground. If any of those doesn't have connection with testpads (under battery), it's broken and unusable. In case of ground being the troubling one, it's not as bad - You can use any ground plane nearby.
---

Of course, do all of it with N900 turned off and disassembled BTW, googling for "multimeter tutorial" You would have find all of it out, Yourself.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Get the Ohm (resistance), at the lowest value (200). Put one probe (doesn't matter which one) at USB D+ of broken port pads, and another probe on testpad's USB D+, beneath battery. Ensure, that You have good contact (it may be hard with ultra-tiny pads of broken USB port). If You get readings indicating less than 2 Ohm, You're good to go.

Repeat this step for USB D-, +5V, and ground. If any of those doesn't have connection with testpads (under battery), it's broken and unusable. In case of ground being the troubling one, it's not as bad - You can use any ground plane nearby.
---

Of course, do all of it with N900 turned off and disassembled BTW, googling for "multimeter tutorial" You would have find all of it on Your own.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
test points, usb port