Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
I tried uninstalling Docs ToGo everything and it won't let me open up Word attachments with any other program.
Actually, after I click the attachment it just sits idle like I didn't do anything
Help?

I am bumping my thread once
Help please!

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Hm. That's interesting, attachments have been giving me some issues lately. I just chalked it up to the mail client being so crappy. I'll try this out, brb.

EDIT: I can't even open attachments, consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by sadfist; 2010-04-12 at 01:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Thanks for trying.

I don't get it, we are not allowed to open up docs with any programs we please?
(I mean, would that render the whole buying of DocsToGo obsolete, so we are forced to purchase it to open email docs?)

I am hoping it's just me that has this problem

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 199 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ India
@thefoxtrot:

whats the other program you are using to open word file ? I had similar problem when I installed FreOffice before uninstalling DocsToGo. ReInstallation solved it.

The Following User Says Thank You to mani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
same question here

The Following User Says Thank You to salah99 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I'd guess that the email app requires applications to register their capabilities with it, rather than offering a list of every single binary on your system. In fact, looking through the list of files installed as part of DocsToGo, it's probably done via the MIME handler. Presumably other apps are not registering the MIME handlers, or there's only support for a single handler per MIME type.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
@thefoxtrot:

whats the other program you are using to open word file ? I had similar problem when I installed FreOffice before uninstalling DocsToGo. ReInstallation solved it.

Thanks, I will try this once it lets me reinstall FreOffice. Says I am missing application packages. Yay.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I'd guess that the email app requires applications to register their capabilities with it, rather than offering a list of every single binary on your system. In fact, looking through the list of files installed as part of DocsToGo, it's probably done via the MIME handler. Presumably other apps are not registering the MIME handlers, or there's only support for a single handler per MIME type.
So under this assumption, I would be forced to purchase DocsToGo?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
when u have opened the email, click the top bar where the email name is and save attachment. then open freoffice and then open your saved attachment. is this what you mean?

The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post: