Active Topics

I need help. My tablet keeps flashing "usb device not supported". It won't stop.
I recently reflashed my NIT and went to hook up my usb keyboard to it (nothing happened, it didn't see it) and realized my Backup didn't reinstall my UsbControl app. So I unhooked my keyboard. now it just keeps flashing this message over and over. Can anyone help?

It won't stop even after rebooting the device? Try plugging in a usb flash drive and then unmounting it. I think there is a thread regarding this bug but I can't seem to find it... Do you have usb-otg-sb installed?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I'm having the same issue with my usb but i havent installed anything. is there something i need to install or do...

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
It won't stop even after rebooting the device? Try plugging in a usb flash drive and then unmounting it. I think there is a thread regarding this bug but I can't seem to find it... Do you have usb-otg-sb installed?
Thats what I had before I reflashed. But it did load with my Backup. Now that message is not flashing anymore, but now it is rebooting all by itself every 2 minutes. I'm probably going to reflash yet again.

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
I'm having the same issue with my usb but i havent installed anything. is there something i need to install or do...
try this application "usb-otg-sb". It works great. I just didn't reinstall it after I reflashed. I'll reflash and then make sure it is on before I try again.

Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
try this application "usb-otg-sb". It works great. I just didn't reinstall it after I reflashed. I'll reflash and then make sure it is on before I try again.
where do i get this app, i looked in the repo and didnt see it...

do any of you guys know if this is a smart way to go about using my stereo BT headset ( for listening to music and VoIP calls) i read the thread on a2dp and despite all the thing you have to do just to set it up; it skips in and out and uses up battery power, I thought ( even though its a bit silly since this almost defeats the purpose of buying the Altec Lansing headset) using the n810's usb port in conjunction with the adapter for the BT Dongle might be quicker and less hectic of a fix then the whole a2dp song and dance.

if you have any better suggestion feel free

Thanks,

@jallidin
There are lot of other repos besides the "Extras" repository. Now some people will tell you it's dangerous due to incompatibilities with certain packages, but the same could be said for packages in the Extras repos, so I consider that hogwash.

http://www.gronmayer.com/it/ indexes a lot of the repos (but NOT all of them) I keep meaning to add some of the others I come across but it slips my mind and I lose bookmarks.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1473 I think.

Are you sure it's not the headphones? Mine work pretty well except if I lock the screen (the N810 goes into standby). My particular bt headphones have a 3.5mm adapter=>bt dongle and perhaps one would help you (they can be found on places like dealextreme.com)

Originally Posted by icbolsh View Post
Thats what I had before I reflashed. But it did load with my Backup. Now that message is not flashing anymore, but now it is rebooting all by itself every 2 minutes. I'm probably going to reflash yet again.
I didn't fix anything and it stopped doing all the weird things. I plugged the usb into my PC (to start the reflash process)and it did something on its own and restarted again...so I waited to see anything different and it hasn't done anything else weird since. I'm waiting for to do anything else and I'll reflash anyways(got my finger on the reflash trigger).

Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
@jallidin
There are lot of other repos besides the "Extras" repository. Now some people will tell you it's dangerous due to incompatibilities with certain packages, but the same could be said for packages in the Extras repos, so I consider that hogwash.

http://www.gronmayer.com/it/ indexes a lot of the repos (but NOT all of them) I keep meaning to add some of the others I come across but it slips my mind and I lose bookmarks.

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=1473 I think.

Are you sure it's not the headphones? Mine work pretty well except if I lock the screen (the N810 goes into standby). My particular bt headphones have a 3.5mm adapter=>bt dongle and perhaps one would help you (they can be found on places like dealextreme.com)

Thanks for letting me know that, I was actually staying clear of the "extras" because of the advisory about them being unstable but if others are using them with luck it wouldnt hurt if i tried a few things. My headset comes with a nice dongle ( the pair i ordered, "altech brand") but the pair i've been using with the tablet up until now are pretty cheap, they're the soyo brand so once i pair the new headset I'll see if it was just the old pair.