Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Now Jolla just needs to continue the negotiations and wait a couple of years until the Chinese are also sick and tired of iOS.

Or are they already?
I would doubt it. But in the end, is China the place you need to concentrate on? They have a culture of piracy of sorts that outstrips a lot of other countries.

The recent deal with iOS will mean that finally Apple will be face to face with a country that has already jailbroken 41% of their phones. Now, 17 million more phones might be sold there and that's going to be app revenue that they've been counting on as part of their growth.

I think there will be a knee jerk reaction and look for iOS to get locked down even further.

Not sure about Jolla's part in this - they're getting beat to the punch in China with Apple releasing the 5C and 5S January 17th whereas the Jolla phone hasn't been released there yet.

Hope that the idea of "open" appeals there. The culture there is way different than almost all of Europe and way different than the rather backwards North American markets. I can't wait to see how this unfolds...

Tags
jolla, speculation