Active Topics

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Actually DO NOT USE IT!
Use power search (powered by google) it is light years better finding stuff. Offical search just sucks too much or if you are happy iterating trought different keywords and combinations for one minute and you have good nerves then please
I can find the several RPM v Deb discussions using even the basic search... no need for the power for this one.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by togge View Post
I don't get it.. why wouldn't you want the dependencies for the program your installing??
maybe if you wanted a later better version of a dependent lib.

i think the bigger valid concern is the automatic removal of unneeded dependencies to save on space.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
all in all, most of these moves will make it easier for DEVELOPERS, which is a good thing IMO. Right now packaging for maemo is more tedious for *some* developers than actually developing. With OBS you will basically just upload your stuff and it will be packaged for you.
This is ridiculous. What tediousness are you referring to ? With debhelper it takes about two lines (+-1) to create a skeleton package that can be uploaded to the autobuilder. MADDE, py2deb and similar tools give you a ready .deb right off the bat. I understand some people might feel more familiar with a certain set of tools, but that's not really an objective measure for this particular discussion.