Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
... because i realized the hildon-home crashes even with no apps/widgets running.
btw. You do realize that there is some modifications that are not traditional apps but they might be running in background or do some tweaking to default system:
For example: Recaller (this is widget), Apemfo, Catorise, battery level monitor, shortcutd and many many more.

Have this problem, even my allarm has stopped registering lol, i'm running alot of experimental/devel app though, problem started after using Theme Customiser and CSSU for me.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
btw. You do realize that there is some modifications that are not traditional apps but they might be running in background or do some tweaking to default system:
For example: Recaller (this is widget), Apemfo, Catorise, battery level monitor, shortcutd and many many more.
I have catoris and battery level running. But i dont think this causes an of the problems. If catoris were to crash the entire threaded menu should show "No icons found"

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have catoris and battery level running. But i dont think this causes an of the problems. If catoris were to crash the entire threaded menu should show "No icons found"
*sigh*
In your position I would try to run n900 with default settings and only contacts data imported for a week and if there is no problems then I would start installing stuff one by one and wait for awhile again.

I have catoris and app search (widget) installed and currenlty I'm having trouble with hildon-home virtual memory size sky rocketing after couple of days usage. The only fellow who is mostly responsible for debugging this possible problem is guy starig at me from mirror. Then again I have possibility to not use those apps and everything works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
*sigh*
In your position I would try to run n900 with default settings and only contacts data imported for a week and if there is no problems then I would start installing stuff one by one and wait for awhile again.

I have catoris and app search (widget) installed and currenlty I'm having trouble with hildon-home virtual memory size sky rocketing after couple of days usage. The only fellow who is mostly responsible for debugging this possible problem is guy starig at me from mirror. Then again I have possibility to not use those apps and everything works fine.
I did run it on factory default. no catoris and battery level. Yet hildon-home still crashed. The wired part is, when hildon- home crashes, all messages or any sort of incoming notification get stuck and wont show up.

anyways, the big question is why is there no one out there bothered to actually fix this =.=

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I've also catorise installed and lot of devel stuff.
Haven't had a hildon crash a single time!
I think that's a hardware related problem, like some N900 are able to overclock easily up to 1.2 ghz (like my N900) and some have USB connector problems and so on.
Contact Nokia Care and get a replacement N900 or directly from your supplier (probably faster than Nokia Care).

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
anyways, the big question is why is there no one out there bothered to actually fix this =.=
Why haven't you bothered to send it back to Nokia "care" to get it fixed?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Did you flash BOTH images because no way you get crashes of ANY kind when it is working at "stock" level.

You need to completely flash and get back to square one before you can complain because i can tell you nobody on this forum is having problems you describe AFTER as you say flashing it.

Go back to begining and start again is the only way and if it still the same problems you describe then get it back to Nokia care cos no one can help you any further here.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Deja vu? http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=904509

The Following User Says Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I did run it on factory default. no catoris and battery level. Yet hildon-home still crashed. The wired part is, when hildon- home crashes, all messages or any sort of incoming notification get stuck and wont show up.

Good question! And who is the most likely person to do the fixing? That would be the one who has total access to your N900 -- you.

Send it to me (and pay round trip shipping to California) and I'll work on it. As long as you have it, the primary work on fixing it has to be done by you.

Tags
bada rox, dam problem, dam trolling, facepalm