Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
I happened to look in the dependencies of the package and saw that it depend from sudser. I wonder why it does that, judging from the engines web site it doesn't really need it (and if it needs, rootsh would probably be better choise as it's more popular and sudser removes it). Also libsdl1.3-dev isn't probably needed as a dependency either but as a build-dependency (-dev packages aren't usually needed to anything but building the packages).

well theres no way to start it with out sudser( and its actually better..) and yes it is bulider wont bulid it with out it(not me) if you didn't read the first page of this thread(then you'd know why)

EDIT: the answer is in your post

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

Last edited by humble; 2011-04-02 at 06:32.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by humble View Post
well theres no way to start it with out sudser( and its actually better..) and yes it is bulider wont bulid it with out it(not me) if you didn't read the first page of this thread(then you'd know why)

EDIT: the answer is in your post
OK, thanks for the reply. When I answered you in the first page I meant to put it to build-dependencies, not as a "normal" dependency but if it works this way that really isn't a problem. The sudser on the other hand isn't as much used as rootsh (or at least I think so) so I just tough it would be better to put it as a dependecy instead so you wouldn't be forcing people to change to sudser. But you the dev, not me, so it's your call, I just shared my thoughts.

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
"The sudser on the other hand isn't as much used as rootsh (or at least I think so)"
i agree with you(and its true).

all it would take is for them is to change "root"(rootsh) to "rush"(sudser) in there app's.
but sudser allows us to use "sudo" so we can sudo some thing ex. sudo chrt -r -p 99 9078 works, i cant root chrt -r -p 99 9078 i would have to root first then run my command.

+plus you can give sudo a password

EDit: sudser is a dependecy to launch the app. not for the app so if i remove....

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

Last edited by humble; 2011-04-02 at 17:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry that I'm still continuing about the dependencies, but I just tried to compile the program myself with just lbsdl1.2 and lbsdl-ttf2.0 as dependencies and libsdl1.2-dev (and debhelper of course) as build-dependency. The engine compiled just fine and it works well too. This means that sudser isn't really needed at all (and neither is rootsh, I even removed it too to be sure root access isn't needed). I attached my modified debian/control if you want to take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip control.zip (1,021 Bytes, 157 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
its ok, on my next update (which should be by the end of the day) i'll fix it.till then every body if this bothers you go to /usr/share/applications/hildon/NXEngine.desktop and edit it.. remove sudo and ""

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
wait on closer observation. sudo is needed on extraction part of the engine. delete settings.dat file and try it. its so long ago i forgot why i did it

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

Last edited by humble; 2011-04-03 at 11:42.

wait on closer observation. sudo is needed on extraction part of the engine. delete settings.dat file and try it. its so long ago i forgot why i did it
At least on my phone sudo can be used with rootsh. Actually I could use it even after removing it, but that may still be caused by something rootsh does...

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I had a go at building NXEngine a couple of weeks ago. I got it running and don't remember needing superuser privileges for anything. If the extraction part of the engine is failing for you, I'm guessing your file/directory permissions aren't right and are possibly owned by root.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Just stopping by to see how it is going Any new on the update?

yeah this weekend i bricked my device(messing with some kernel stuff). so that kind of slowed up my progress to release. i was looking for OEM mico usb(lost mines and the one i had didn't work)so i had to order one...

it came i flashed... all gone...everything.

i have to put bits and peaces together.(remember what i did)

so give me some time(i know your not rushing or in a rush) im power compiling. (on my free time)

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox