Active Topics

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I received my Aqua Fish 2 days ago.

Battery draining seems to be normal in comparison with my Xperia Z. I didn't let it run empty yet because of updates.

I will discharge it completely now so that it can calibrate or whatever. After that i will charge it to 100% and report how long it lasts until it powers off during normal usage.

I deactivated the SIM2 slot in the settings. Bluetooth, GPS are mainly off. WLAN and mobile data (set to 3G) are enabled.

I also recognized a clicking sound but I think it has to do with the (de)activation of the audio device. It stays on after playing some notification sound and I can hear some noise and sometimes the radio interference of itself until it shuts off the audio device with a clicking sound. I'm not sure if this is very good for the speaker.
Check how much battery drains with no use at all, no sim, nothing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post:
well the aqua fish is not really a power saver Without sim and all the time with screen off it lasts like 2-3 days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Greece-Athens
Originally Posted by shubell View Post
well the aqua fish is not really a power saver Without sim and all the time with screen off it lasts like 2-3 days.
That's because it doesn't set the CPU to deep sleep, and it works all the time. So many updates and no fix yet...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gerstavros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
I'm using it since yesderday morning (100% charged) as main phone. Now the battery is at 10%. You can say it lasts one day during normal usage.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I'm using it since yesderday morning (100% charged) as main phone. Now the battery is at 10%. You can say it lasts one day during normal usage.
So... just like Jolla 1.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
So... just like Jolla 1.
Except my sbj-1 lasts for 2 days (if only just[*]) on my normal daily use.
And I've still got the original battery in it!

I purchased the PolarCell battery more than a year past but still have not taken it into use since the original battery works so well!
And it has been my daily driver since day 1, which is what, almost 3,5 years!

[*] OK, granted it is only just 2 days and after that it is something like 15% left in the evening but still fairly impressive IMHO

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Battery life depends immensely on signal reception. On my Jolla 1, in an area with good reception I get some 5-6 days, but weak reception fully drains the battery in 2 days at most. WiFi on, mobile data off. Most of the times, it's just idleing, though, and I barely ever use it for browsing unless there is really no more comfortable alternative in my vicinity.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Battery life depends immensely on signal reception.
Exactly. My battery drops from 100% to 85% by the time I get to work (about an hour's drive). Something seriously buggy in Sailfish that keeps the CPU awake when the signal is less than optimal.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, battery backup hasn't been fair on my AquaFish as well. It lasts no more than twenty four hours in my case. I do use mobile data often and browse fairly heavily on phone.

What bugs me more though is that I am missing calls! The device just doesn't ring or show up any incoming/missed record in call log. At the caller's end though, my number would be ringing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
I hat a similar problem. I tried to start a call but the phone UI didn't start. After 10 seconds there was a sound of a failed connection. Then the phone UI was shown shortly to tell me it was not successful. BUT what the phone did in background was calling my contact without me knowing about it. Even if I would, I coultn't stop the call. The other side has to catch the call and hang up to end this situation.

I read on TJC about turning automatic search off and choose the provider manually in the settings. This seemed to help. You should try that, too. No failures since then.

Nevertheless, I like Sailfish OS. Maybe there are some bugs. I will go to TJC and post them. That's how it lives. I'm sure it's getting better.

Last edited by Hensch; 2017-03-02 at 22:46.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:

Tags
intex, sailfishos, scamalot!, scamfish