Anyone know if there's a way to change the sound files that the large status bar clock uses for alarms, or is there another alarm program that'll work better? I'm going to be traveling and want to use my n810 as an alarm clock. However, the current alarm isn't loud enough. I've slept through it a couple times.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Van Nuys, Ca
Hello Lord Raiden,

I've been using the clock program in the application menu (I think it's listed under "Utilities") for an alarm clock. It has 3 built-in tones or you can select your own sound file. I haven't had any problems with it not being loud enough to wake me (I don't have the system volume set to the maximum level). Hope this helps.

Ya, I would also second the built in clock with a loud mp3. Unless I am very tired I don't sleep through it.

i concur, i use the bulit in alarm clock playing you give love a bad name by bon jovi to wake me up

Well, you could use the alarm sound from GPE Calendar. That thing could wake the dead! (Although they may commit suicide after a few seconds of exposure).

You can easily change the alarm sound, though. When you choose the alarm sound (with the three tones) there is a button to the right of that combo box that says "Open sound". You can play practically any audio file on your tablet. For extra effectiveness, choose something that you don't want anyone else to hear. I wake up every morning to either MC Hawking or The Most Unwanted Song.

You guys must be heavy sleepers.

Ok, I found it. I was using the large status bar clock, and that's locked into what you can do, and you can't add an mp3. I had to add back the standard clock in order to get the extra mp3 functionality. -_-;;

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Hong Kong/Vancouver
the build-in clock alarm on my N810 will play sound only sometimes (either the default three tones or any mp3), other time the alarm dialog box will came on but no sound.
Does anyone has the same problem?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by humgarling View Post
Does anyone has the same problem?
Possibly. Do either or both of bug # 1112 and # 1146 seem familiar? If so, would you please add your experience with failing alarms to one or both bugs as appropriate? Something seems to be going wrong with alarms, and another specific, detailed write up of how alarms are failing might help to identify a pattern.

I've tested it several days in a row, as I plan to use it for my travel alarm, and so far, all's good.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
The built in alarm function works for me. I use the Gypsie Kings MP3 from the MOSH site. Something a little different than normal works better for me. You can also boost the volume of any sound track in an audio editoe like Audacity. I got max volume out my alarm sound that way.