Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
For those concerned with waiting lists, why not contact directly the shops? http://www.flagship.nokia.com/ has phone numbers and email addresses e.g. london.flagship...nokia.com
Because when you call them, you get a salesperson on the line who doesn't know what you're talking about. "I'm sorry, if you have an issue with the website, I'm afraid I can't help you. Did you wish to enquire about anything else?".

PS: Jussi is now in its way to Dubai...
Lucky sod! He needs to checkout the biggest sweet shop in the world while he's there!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
The Helsinki video... >> HERE <<

....h'mmm, drinks

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
....h'mmm, drinks
It's just cola in those wine glasses. Sorry to disappoint you.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Not all the shops with a big Nokia logo are Nokia stores. Where did you find this tiny one?

For those concerned with waiting lists, why not contact directly the shops? http://www.flagship.nokia.com/ has phone numbers and email addresses e.g. london.flagship...nokia.com

PS: Jussi is now in its way to Dubai...
Yup, called them and they of course don't know yet when the event will take place (he did know about it though) but said they're gonna have the device on show by mid November, so .. I think it won't be before that.

Thanks.
I'll keep looking the website.

Aniello

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by pupu View Post
London is still not open for registration. Some people are apparently hacking their way around that "small detail". Looking at the page source, London is now at 77/80 and Moscow at 79/80.

But you would think that it's not that difficult for Nokia to notice that and restore order.

Edit: Oh, and the date is not known. So it's not you!
That really hacks me off

I have been clicking that page everyday for the opening and will be angry if I miss it...

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It could be worth it. The event lasted 90 minutes in all. There was food, N900 demos and... one lucky guy won an N900!

Interestingly, they didn't have one to give him, but he'll be getting it in the mail.

Couple of people won headsets and the rest of us had to contend with a Maemo T-shirt. Better than nothing I guess...
Don't forget the USB-drive with the N97 demo in it

Actually, on top of the presentations, there was quite a lot of time to talk to the developers and play around with the around dozen N900 -preproduction devices, which I found very useful and exciting.

For me participating in the meetup was easy, since I live only about 1 km from the store. I would probably not have attended if it was far away, with more than 1 hour commute.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
It could be worth it. The event lasted 90 minutes in all. There was food, N900 demos and... one lucky guy won an N900!

Interestingly, they didn't have one to give him, but he'll be getting it in the mail.

Couple of people won headsets and the rest of us had to contend with a Maemo T-shirt. Better than nothing I guess...
So you got a free pass to an event, didn't have to pay a single thing, just show up and be happy... And you're moaning because the only thing you got is a t-shirt, drinks, food and got to play with the N900?

Oh man, how does Nokia dare to do such a thing, they're horrible!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
[QUOTE=CrashandDie;357411Oh man, how does Nokia dare to do such a thing, they're horrible![/QUOTE]

Yes they are. I wanted that N900! They dangled it in front of my face and then took it away, giving me a T-shirt that reminds me of it instead. That is cruel.

But seriously, getting a T-shirt and finger food is strictly in the "better than nothing" category for me, sorry if that offends you. It's not like Nokia gave the T-shirt with "Maemo" on it to get a fuzzy nice feeling in their collective tummies. They want me to wear it, so that people will ask me about what Maemo is, so that I will then tell them about this great N900 that Nokia presented at this cool exclusive party at the Nokia store with some tasty nibble food. I took it, so that's okay, but I consider that more like bartering than receiving a gift.

The USB stick is actually useful, though. I didn't notice that until the next day. The N97 presentation is a bit odd to see there, though, it's like "here's all this information on your new N97". I guess they forgot to put one in my bag. Now that would have been a great giveaway, if quite odd for that particular event.

The Following User Says Thank You to pupu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
I was one of the first to sign up for the Chicago event.. so far I haven't heard anything (other than an e-mail saying that more details are coming soon).

Does anyone know how much before the event they are sending out more specific information? It would be good to know the time of the event, so I can plan accordingly.

Update: received the e-mail with more info today :-)

Last edited by pinsh; 2009-10-27 at 15:46.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Just to let you know that the problem with the waiting lists has been reported to the organizers of the N900 meet-ups.

Justice always prevails.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:

Tags
flagship store, meetup