Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So far I'm looking at a pair of Sony DR-BT101 and the Jabra Halo although I haven't found anywhere to buy the latter.

Haven't seen much else. Does anyone have a pair of bluetooth headphones? What are they like? Do you find the battery life to be an issue?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I haven't found a single pair of BT headphones that hold a candle to the Nokia BH-905 headset, which work as wired headphones as well as via Bluetooth, perfect for using the FM radio on Nokia smartphones. I compare them to the Sony MDR headphones we use at the recording studio, and they're about in the same class quality wise, though not quite as loud. I'm completely lusting for the 905s, and would like a pair for Christmas. (I don't even celebrate Christmas...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Just got my BH-905 today and i sent it right back... Reason?
When using BT and turning on the feature that cancels out background noise I got a nice little hissing sound in the left speaker... Same problem occurs when connected to the laptop and cellphone.

200 bucks for that ? (I paid 180€) I dont think so....

I got one of these:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

off Woot for like $15. It is really sweet, use them (or something similar) with any wired headphones. I think I am going to mod them to work with a throat mic for when I am working in the rackspace by all the load gear.

I've got the Plantronics 590's. It's excellent. Even hook it up to my stereo now and then (it comes with a separate transmitter). And you can use it as a regular headset for calls.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I like my Motorola S705 module, you can plug any phones in you want as it has a 3.5mm jack. the built-in radio is excellent. the range is fantastic, I can leave my n800 in bedroom and listen to mp3 streamed to far corner of the house!

it will pair to a phone and to music player at the same time.

you can pick up S705's from ebay for a tenner or so, a real bargain.

I found that ubuntu 9.10 gnome also supported a2dp without a hitch, so I can also use it at work to cut the number of wires!

I am very partial to the Jabra BT3030.

-It has good battery life (3+ hours of solid listening) and charges via a standard mini-usb cable. The battery is still holding out after a couple years of daily use.
-It has excellent range and I've never had problems with interference issues while listening to music.
-The controls are easy to manipulate by touch alone and work in most media apps.
-It has a standard 3.5" audio jack so I can use any headset I like. I use a pair of inner ear plug type phones when traveling light or my Sennheiser PXC-450's when I want noise canceling and don't mind the extra weight.

We paired mine to the N900 at the Tacoma N900 Meetup and it worked flawlessly.

I really like BlueAnt bluetooth products http://www.blueant.com.au .

I have have used a Z9 and Supertooth 3. Both have worked very well. Currently I use the Supertooth attached to the visor in my vehicle all the time and have not used the Z9 in quite a while.

I find the noise canceling to work quite well and the prices are reasonable.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
In researching Bluetooth headphones online, I've time and again come across assertions that "expensive" (always left undefined) units include not only SBC and native MP3 decoding, but also native AAC. While I'm aware the A2DP spec permits this, I've yet to see an actual product that performs the trick. The closest I've found are a few Bluetooth headphones that support proprietary extensions such as apt-X.

I don't know that I'd need native AAC decoding, and I'm certainly not interested in paying a huge sum of money for a pair of headphones, but at this point I'm quite curious whether these supposed headphones are real or myth. Has anyone seen any?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Noone else can confirm the problems with the BH-905?