Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
As others have pointed out it indicates that the browser is still active loading a page, it's intended to warn against battery drain surprises if you happen to leave it on a page that auto-reloads itself or similar.

If it continues blinking even though the browser is completely idle, then it's a bug.

/ohrn
then it appear to work as designed.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
@Ohrn:
In the multiline edit control, pressing either keyboard return key(KP_ENTER), dpad center key (RETURN), or on-screen-keyboard return, exits the edit control. Pressing ESC also exits the control as expected. The only way to enter a newline character without exiting the control is pressing keyboard CTRL+KP_ENTER or CTRL+RETURN, which is a bit annoying in the N810 and impossible in the N800
¿Could it be fixed?

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
If it continues blinking even though the browser is completely idle, then it's a bug.
It's blinking for me while the browser is showing only the Speed Dial page with no web sites opened, so yes - there's a bug somewhere!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
That's because the website is doing browser sniffing and redirects you to their mobile version. Another site we often get complaints about is engadget.com, but it's out of our control.

/ohrn
If anyone is having problems with engadget, then loading the site with http://www.engadget.com/?m=false will load the non-mobile version in Opera Mobile. There might be something similar for Facebook.

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
first i would like to say thank you, i've been using this awesome browser as my main browser for the past couple of days, and wow, its just wow, fast as hell, smooth as hell, .... thanks guys, you did an awesome job, just one question, any hope of getting flash 9 that we already have in it ?? this is the only thing this awesome browser needs to be close to perfect, so please can we have flash enabled ?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks!

This integrates with the native send/share features in Android and Symbian. I have not yet investigated if there is something similar in Maemo to use.

/ohrn
I think they are both (Facebook/Twitter) user-installed plugins to the native sharing feature, unfortunately not native so maybe this could be a problem. A great feature nonetheless!

Thanks again Öhrn, this great release makes me proud of good Nordic coding.

Wow... this is quick. And doesn't seem to be the memory beast that is fennec.

Cut and paste page text as well!

Does this release have the equivilent of microb hover mode, so you can use web apps like google maps (or css menus)?

one of the best apps for n900..
am posting this via Opera Mobile 11..

Hi

found a problem in Opera which i didnt expect. Can anyone try this. Go to your hotmail account, opera will probably open a mobile page. Go to the PC site link at the bottom, this will open the original hotmail web page. Now try clicking and going into one of messages it does happen. you cannot access any of your mails becuase opera is not able to open the email link.

can anyone confirm this

also ohrn can you please confirm this.

thanks

Last edited by anismistry; 2011-03-24 at 01:26.

I have had my N900 for a year now, and finally there is a browser worthy of replacing microb. Thank you opera team.
I would also like to know if there is simple procedure for importing my bookmarks from microb?

Tags
fast browser, opera