Finally... That was a friggin headache

D4
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
is the update done... when u gonna upload it n wt wll b the changes ... ??? really findin it hard to wait

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cutehunk04 View Post
is the update done... when u gonna upload it n wt wll b the changes ... ??? really findin it hard to wait
you need an other keyboard man, we don't understand wll b 4vr nd u c its whn its ovr ****:-)

what did you do dark?

Last edited by Kenny1001; 2011-01-20 at 18:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
265af6!!!!!

Finally... That was a friggin headache

D4
Never had a doubt in my mind. Out of curiosity, how many hex keys did you try? LOL Good job buddy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Parlapipas For This Useful Post:
i tried to have an icon on the lockscreen but it doen't work.its not 148x94 either. It's 148x148. I can paste it in the right folder, not deleting your .png, and there does the story ends.
Tried to find the tuto for changing icons, but without result.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny1001 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
i tried to have an icon on the lockscreen but it doen't work.its not 148x94 either. It's 148x148. I can paste it in the right folder, not deleting your .png, and there does the story ends.
Hi Kenny1001,

I love this theme, and it's made me delve more into my N900 then I ever have before - A very nice side effect. I've changed the lockslider image several times, and I use the following process;

1. I use OpenSSH on the N900 and WINSCP on my home computer so I can "log" into the N900 easily (pretty sure you have to have root access on the N900, but can't quite remember).
2. Create your image but it does need to be 148x94 (148 wide, 94 high)
3. Get into the following folder - opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK/images/. This is where the "icon" or graphic is located and it's specifically called LockSliderThumb.png. It's not in any of the icon folders, so this is why I call it a graphic rather then an icon.
4. Change the original graphic to LockSliderThumb_Original.png. This way you always have the original that came with the theme.
5. Copy your new graphic into the folder and make sure you call it LockSliderThumb.png. Capitals and everything.
5(a). Make sure the permissions are set correct (CHMOD). I original had it set as R & W for Owner and just R for both Group and Other, but I have now changed it to R,W & X for all three (0777). Don't know if it matters, because when I first copied it across with the original setting it worked fine, so skip this step if it all works fine (this is a good reason to use OpenSSH and WINSCP as it makes it so easy).
6. Reboot the phone and you should be right to go.

I realise that this may seem to be a very noob set of instructions, but this is essentially what I am (a noob). Hope I helped.

Chris
(A noob that just happens to know a couple of things)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoulBlade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
@SoulBlade that is exactly how to do it, the only way easier might be to use filebox?

Make sure root access, view images and show hidden folders are enabled in the filebox settings. Navigate to your new icon in filebox, hold your finger on it till the menu appears, select copy and the icon will now show up in the clipboard. Go to wherever your icon needs to be, select the clipboard again and press paste, confirm the overwrite and you're done!

I have a folder in my MyDocs with all the personal theme bits I use that differ from the standard, so that at every update I just run through the folder and I'm back to my preferred setup.

Another really useful feature of filebox is the bookmarks folder, you can bookmark, say opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK and get straight from MyDocs to your destination folder in 2 keypresses!

Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
I've attached the LockSliderThumb.png from the theme mate, to get yours to show up you can open theme customizer from your general settings, scroll down and (without changing anything) select 'Apply Changes', that should clear the image cache without you needing a re-boot.

@P I think I exhausted every possible number that wouldn't work... because for some reason every one I try now does!! Sod's law

@All Dany-69 has been writing a script to make things easier in terms of the installation of pixmaps icons and widget images, it's not ready yet though. As soon as it is you'll know about it!

Either way I've re-done quite a lot of the theme/icons just neatening things up, and the alarm bug is now fixed. I think the next update will probably be aesthetic, with the script to follow in the one after that.

Thanks to everyone for your patience

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Attached Files
File Type: zip LockSliderThumb.zip (2.9 KB, 120 views)
_
_

Last edited by D4rKlar; 2011-01-21 at 09:42.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
well i tried with mr soulblade's tuto, using filebox and it works!
because the size isn't correct it looks weird
I don't seem to find cool 148x94 icons.
maybe there is a way to rescale the icon you want...

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
In any drawing program (like gimp, photoshop, paint.NET) open the png of the one I posted, select the whole icon and cut it.
You'll then be left with an empty 148x94 box which you can put any picture you like in (although you might need to make some a bit smaller to fit). Or just make a 148x94 box, and select and cut that so it's transparent

The lockslider background is in opt/usr/share/themes/M4riNa-D4rK/backgrounds and is called lockslider.png,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i dont think need another keyboard,

Tags
d4rk icons, d4rklar, d4rkworks, m4rina d4rk, theme