If all else failed, try a reflash... The notification will obviously not work if the fb client is acting up...

Working fine on mine:

My only gripe is that I was hoping the notification tone for the fb and twitter can be personalized...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ 127.0.0.1
Originally Posted by johnsnipe View Post
Mm strange :s, well my full process was this:

i delete the account, i installed the development mode, the phone reboot, after the reboot i open the browser and log in in my facebook account (it ask me if i want to keep the password i say yes), then i add my facebook account to the phone and after that the facebook app works again ..
it works for me :s
Tried again. Doesn't work for me.

If all else failed, try a reflash...
How? Reset to factory settings?

Settings > Reset > Clear device

Can't I just uninstall the FB app and then reinstall it?

I my N9 16GB Black.
(059J201 RM-696 NDT BENELUX BLACK 16GB)

Last edited by Yeshua; 2012-02-28 at 20:48.

Damn I have had this problem for the past day too. Tried to reflash 4 times and still didn't fix it. Yep settings > reset > clear device worked...but clears all your contacts so backup first..

backup file is in MyDocs/.backup/

The Following User Says Thank You to soredawg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
guys, any idea on how to fix this very issue, but not only with FB, but with Mail app itself?
It simply keeps telling me to set up a new account, though I still have them in Accounts and I`m able to set them all online (FB, Gtalk, Skype) with red icon...]
but there`s no mail notification or anything since yesterday`s OTA update and trouble with N9QuickTweak app...
I flashed it today with NaviFirm, re-installed it with NSU, no change whatsoever...
the phone still acts strange...

also, I can see my pictures in Filebox (Pictures) but Gallery app is still empty...?
THX

dis you flash the emmc? If not do that along with the rootfs. Better yet clear the device and without using it flash both and then clear device again when its done flashing. That should make your phone as new as fresh out of factory.
this applies if you didn't do any product code chamge. I without changing product code was Abbey to flash northern Europe version in Singapore version phone of mine

Originally Posted by soredawg View Post
Damn I have had this problem for the past day too. Tried to reflash 4 times and still didn't fix it. Yep settings > reset > clear device worked...but clears all your contacts so backup first..

Sweet! I didn't know I could use those backup files after I cleared the device. I'll copy them to my hdd and give it a try...

I my N9 16GB Black.

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
guys, any idea on how to fix this very issue, but not only with FB, but with Mail app itself?
It simply keeps telling me to set up a new account, though I still have them in Accounts and I`m able to set them all online (FB, Gtalk, Skype) with red icon...]
but there`s no mail notification or anything since yesterday`s OTA update and trouble with N9QuickTweak app...
I flashed it today with NaviFirm, re-installed it with NSU, no change whatsoever...
the phone still acts strange...

also, I can see my pictures in Filebox (Pictures) but Gallery app is still empty...?
THX
It will be update your pictures after you restart your device or capture a photo.

Best regards

Originally Posted by soredawg View Post

I made a backup, copied it to my PC's hdd, cleared the device, restored the backup (also other things like ringtones, pics, ...) and now the Facebook app is working! w00h00!

Tnx, soredawg!

I my N9 16GB Black.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
Yep, it seems the clear device choice does fix it!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
My Twitter app was working normally after PR1.2 update, just had to enter my password anew to grant access to Nokia N9 client. But Twitter notifications are not working. Yesterday I deleted Twitter account and then created it again - still no go.
Do not want to clear device for such a small glitch though.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post: