Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ New York, NY
In the city and there's plenty of WiFi, used with my N800.

Awesome for email and WAP speed browsing. $10/month with Boost Mobile.

How to do it.

Jose Vargas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320343950512

Last edited by runforlife; 2009-02-23 at 01:53.

Hi
I have Motorola i605 . i want to unlock my phoneto use in my local network. i try to get instructions. i find the site http://www.mobileunlockguide.com which gives me the instructions but it says need unlock code to unlock my phone. i try to get unlock code from varius sites but it is very expensive i want chepeast unlock code and good working one also. can u helkp to get the unlock code .

What do you mean by "unlocking"? I bought a used i605 on ebay, called Nextel to free the sim card, and was able to access internet for free after getting a boostmobile basic account (have been paying $4 a month). I followed instructions from http://www.howardforums.com/.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
ch99xy, can you link to the specific instructions you used? I've been using the slow, tethered internet from my n800, a la Yodude's instructions. But I'm curious about the "free" on-phone internet you speak of.

Thanks!

Actually I am not getting broadband access; I get the same dial-up speed that you get, which is slow but can be useful when I am on the road and nothing else is available.

This is great, ch99xy. Thanks! Before I saw your new posts, I used the instructions here to get free internet on the i605's standard browser. So this is as free as the internet I get when I tether my boost i605 to n800 using Yodude's instructions?

Also, I see you are using an opera browser on the phone. Can I install the opera browser using just the i605 and this free internet connection through tekniwap? Are the instructions in the link you just sent?

Thanks!

Don't know about Tekniwap, but I followed the link in my previous post and successfully installed Opera Mini 4.1 (not 3.1) on my i605. Result: free Web browsing! Newer version is out, but I will wait till I can retrace my steps before upgrading.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I can't tell: did you use a cable and computer to do this, or was it done using solely the i605 and its internet connection?

I did use a usb cable (bought on ebay), also went to Motorola site and downloaded some drivers, Java platform, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post: