Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
You can change the mapping for tour keyboard in Setting.
Setting---> Text input----> Hardware keyboard layout , then choice your language . I have a french keyborad and i must choice US-QWERTY keyboard to play game like SuperTux or UrquanMaster
Thanks Soleil. That's probably the best workaround for now.

Originally Posted by pillar View Post
If someone makes working bindings for scandinavic keys, please share them here. I tried to bind the 'ä'-key to up, but it doesn't work.

I think the optimal would be these:

left = .
down = left
right = right
up = ä
I could release an alternative config file to install, but if it doesn't work to bind 'a' to "up" in-game, i don't think binding it in the config file is going to work, either. I have no idea why 'a' wouldn't bind in-game, though.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

@Flandry, it wasn't the normal "a"-key, but scandinavic "ä", which is a with two dots above it. I couldn't make the in-game bounding since the arrows are not working. I was trying editing the uqm.key file manually.

Originally Posted by pillar View Post
@Flandry, it wasn't the normal "a"-key, but scandinavic "ä", which is a with two dots above it. I couldn't make the in-game bounding since the arrows are not working. I was trying editing the uqm.key file manually.
I know that SDL's keyboard event generator has problems with unicode characters; it may be that there's no way to make it see that "a umlaut" key. However, if you can change the binding for the arrows to something else and then use the in-game key binder to see what (if any) key code it detects for the "a umlaut", i'll make the alt config for nordic users to download.

Dunno what Nokia is thinking releasing a mobile computer without directional arrows.

Edit: This was filed as Bug 6623. Out-of-the-box resolution will probably have to wait until the tilt-control version makes it to extras. I can release a version with two letters mapped to up and down as well as the arrows, but i'd rather focus on getting tilt control working and through testing. Soleil's workaround sounds usable to me.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-12-07 at 19:53.

Is there a tutorial for installing this game?

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Is there a tutorial for installing this game?
Go to the uqm download page in your N900's browser and click the big "Install" button (or click this:). Let it install the package.

If you have an N900 without up and down arrow keys (French, German, Finnish, ....), go into N900 Settings---> Text input----> Hardware keyboard layout , and choose US-QWERTY (or English, Nederlands if that's not available).
Go to your application loader and click the icon that looks like this .

Play.

If you have no up and down arrow keys, when you are done playing, go back into Settings and reset the keyboard to your native language.

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-12-10 at 19:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
The 3DO content package is now in extras-testing. If you have an N900 and are playing uqm, please consider installing the uqm-3do-data package, testing that it meets the QA requirements and then voting it up.

It's over 100 MB, so make sure you're on wifi before grabbing it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
The 3DO content package is now in extras-testing. If you have an N900 and are playing uqm, please consider installing the uqm-3do-data package, testing that it meets the QA requirements and then voting it up.

It's over 100 MB, so make sure you're on wifi before grabbing it!
The music is *totally* worth it, folks. Do not miss-out!

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
If you have an N900 without up and down arrow keys (French, German, Finnish, ....), go into N900 Settings---> Text input----> Hardware keyboard layout , and choose US-QWERTY.
I cannot choose US (QWERTY) on my French N900, only european keyboards (but sadly not UK's Qwerty either..)

There should really be a way to set keys for this game.

Last edited by Aweb; 2009-12-10 at 19:17.

Originally Posted by Aweb View Post
I cannot choose US (QWERTY) on my French N900, only european keyboards (but sadly not UK4s Qwerty either..)

There should really be a way to set keys for this game.
Hmm, that's not good. Soleil said he has a French keyboard, so i don't know what the difference is between your N900s. There must be some European layout that has full arrow keys, right? If you discover one, please let me know so i can revise the instructions.

There is a way to set keys for the game, but the current control mapping uses up and down arrows to navigate to that menu. There's also the option of modifying the configuration file. If you want to do that, copy the default mapping to your own config file like this:
cp /opt/uqm/content/uqm.key ~/.uqm/flight.cfg
and then edit the ~/.uqm/flight.cfg file in a text editor

As i mentioned before in this thread, i'm willing to make alternative control configuration files available as a more satisfying fix for users, but that requires someone with one of the defective keyboards to share with me a working configuration.

The tilt control acts as a generic joystick, so it will be a working default when that version is ready for extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ France
Fortunately, I found that the "English, Nederlands" keyboard has functional arrow keys, so you can add it to your tutorial.

As for the config file, I'll try to make one myself once I have time (not now sorry :/)

The Following User Says Thank You to Aweb For This Useful Post: