Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
CSSU in a SD card? You really have no idea what are you talking about.
Ok so what your saying is the cssu version of the Maemo os for the N900 is downloadable as an image to flash over the emmc ?.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
abill

CSSU is not MeeGo. It is the application of fixes to things like the mail and camera and other applications and packages that are core to maemo. You do not install it onto an SD card, it is an update like the OTA PR1.3.

There is a proverb that I think you should take to heart because you're embarrassing yourself time and again on here:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
abill

CSSU is not MeeGo. It is the application of fixes to things like the mail and camera and other applications and packages that are core to maemo. You do not install it onto an SD card, it is an update like the OTA PR1.3.

There is a proverb that I think you should take to heart because you're embarrassing yourself time and again on here:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
Oh then i have missed something here, please explain to me more.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
WHEN cssu can take over the os in it's own right and NOT from an sd card then i will say it is getting somewhere, untill then it is just a mess.

We want this to happen so much and now it seems it will not because of little or no dev's left to accomplish this.
You have no idea what CSSU is, right? And you are not using it, right? And you are thinking of n900 Meego CE when writing for CSSU, right?

Boy, I see you have a burning desire to help and lead community, but trust me, that is not the way. It is always a good think to have an idea of matter you're trying to discuss.

So, I will recommend you to skip your every third post and to use the time you would spend for writing it to make yourself a favor - READ AND EDUCATE yourself. You can start from here http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

Enough trollfood from me, sorry for being OT

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You have no idea what CSSU is, right? And you are not using it, right? And you are thinking of n900 Meego CE when writing for CSSU, right?

Boy, I see you have a burning desire to help and lead community, but trust me, that is not the way. It is always a good think to have an idea of matter you're trying to discuss.

So, I will recommend you to skip your every third post and to use the time you would spend for writing it to make yourself a favor - READ AND EDUCATE yourself. You can start from here http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

Enough trollfood from me, sorry for being OT
I read of the many problems it has and have never installed it on any of the devices i have so you will just have to excuse my ignorance !.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
What... The... Hell... does "obsolesence, abandonment and secrecy" have to do with the Maemo Community Council? I've no idea to what you're even referring anymore.
You know, you're right. It's a MAEMO problem, not a Maemo Community Council problem. My mistake.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Yes it is sad. Have you a plan to solve it, or do you disagree with my assessment?
Plan to solve it? I could whip up several plans--who knows what might work, everything would hinge on Nokia and whether the gutless, eunuchs at Nokia's executive level would ever grant any of it (or even at least press their suppliers)--mainly ACTUALLY opening up code and allowing a community distribution, but we know how that's worked out already. Naw--on second thought, I guess I have no realistic plans. Same as you and everyone else. So much for Maemo and Maemo devices.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I read of the many problems it has and have never installed it on any of the devices i have so you will just have to excuse my ignorance !.
No, I won't, neither the others (methinks). There is no excuse for hijacking every possible thread where someone (not you) is trying to make something positive and constructive. Because it seems it is easier for you to withdraw ******** out of the air with absolutely no background knowledge and to throw it here, cursing every possible project, initiative or whatever.

Still, just follow my advice.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
No, I won't, neither the others (methinks). There is no excuse for hijacking every possible thread where someone (not you) is trying to make something positive and constructive. Because it seems it is easier for you to withdraw ******** out of the air with absolutely no background knowledge and to throw it here, cursing every possible project, initiative or whatever.

Still, just follow my advice.
When it is in a position to take over the os we currently have i will do but not when it is at this stage as it has many problems as yet.

I will not install cssu in this way.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You know, you're right. It's a MAEMO problem, not a Maemo Community Council problem. My mistake.

Plan to solve it? I could whip up several plans--who knows what might work, everything would hinge on Nokia and whether the gutless, eunuchs at Nokia's executive level would ever grant any of it (or even at least press their suppliers)--mainly ACTUALLY opening up code and allowing a community distribution, but we know how that's worked out already. Naw--on second thought, I guess I have no realistic plans. Same as you and everyone else. So much for Maemo and Maemo devices.
Completely agree with this and the reason i have asked so many times on here for some movement from the council but we never get anything back but NO this is not possible.

I am not a dev and i will not be pushed into installing anything in extra's because i do not want the pain of re-flashing all the time.

Please remember cssu is NOT for me as i am hardware not software, please try to remember that as i have never held any secrets from not being a software developer !.

Tags
goodbye nokia, maemo.org, troll party, winding down